BUilt motor calculation help....

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
Couple questions i havent found answers on with the search function...

#1 Manley Plantium Forged Pistons (18cc Dish)... are they decent pistons? not going to be running anything crazy, but i definetly want to do it once and forget it... ill be running a ported eaton, and a 5# lower

#2 Deck height, and Compression ratio... id like to run a 9:1 to 9.1:1 CR, with the 18CC pistons this would require a .030 headgasket as well as some slight head decking and what not... anyone else do this? what is your setup and Compression ratio....

#3 Looking at a couple combo sets...
A) Manley Pistons (18cc dish), Mod Max Rods and Rings
B) CP Pistons (17cc dish), Manley Rods, File Fit rings
C) Probe Pistons (18.1cc dish), some other rods...

thanks

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Leave the deck height alone save for the normal shaving and squaring that is done. Use regular off the shelf head gaskets, Cometic, FelPro, etc., have the swirl inducers tipped back from the intake valves-not removed. All H beam rods are made overseas from what I've found so choose by reputation-they'll all handle 800+ hp. Finally, get some 14-16cc dish pistons (Manely or Mahle) for the CR you're looking for. :thumbsup:

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
If your doing this yourself.. buy a 0.1 gram scale and balance the parts yourself.

Also, you did'nt mention wrist pins. Get a good set of lighter wrist pins to help make up for the heavier pistons and rods.

Rich

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
wydopnthrtl said:
If your doing this yourself.. buy a 0.1 gram scale and balance the parts yourself.

Also, you did'nt mention wrist pins. Get a good set of lighter wrist pins to help make up for the heavier pistons and rods.

Rich

wrist pins and all that are included in most kits.

im trying to be on a budget so i think the 18CC dished pistons will have to do and the CR will have to be stock or slightly bumped... oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread