Built N/A 2V GT VS 2008 LINGENFELTOR Pontiac G8

whipplecharged0

Established Member
Saturday night I went out with a bunch of my friends for the first time since having my motor built. It was freaking cold outside. Probably in the high 30s low 40s. I ran my buddies 500 hp family sedan G8 and it was pretty fun. We done three races. One race was from 55, one was from 65, and the last run was from a 35 roll.

1st race: We started off at 55mph with me in mid 3rd gear. I honked it off and ended up getting the jump because he said he didnt hear me honk. I jumped out about a 1 1/2 cars until the top of third where he passed me and proceeded putting about 5 cars on me.

2nd race: We started at 35 with me in 2nd at 4800rpms. Again I honked it off and got the hit. This time I jumped out about 2 1/2 cars due to him spinning pretty bad. I held him off until about 95 (top of third) where it looked like I hit a wall because of how hard he passed me.

3rd race: We started at 65 with me getting a length and the hit. I don't know how I kept doing it but again I jumped another 1 1/2 cars out on him on the hit but that lead was again short lived because he passed me up by the end of third and put another 4-5 cars on me.

For a family ride his car runs very strong. I knew what the outcome was going to be but I love racing to much to turn down the opportunity to run my car for the first time. For a little 2v gt I feel it held its own very well. And no I did not spray. Have not hooked it up yet.

My mods consist of stage2 ported heads, crower stage 2 blower cams, built aluminum block, tko 500 trans, cfx clutch, aluminum driveshaft, 4.10 gears

11dsgGT

Established Member
Sounds like fun for your first time out!

I have a TKO-500 in my GT as well and was wondering what clutch you went with. My Ram HD is too much for a street car and want somthing different.

03TRKB

The LSX Swapped Guy
Established Member
Or, a hefty sized snail.. Screw it, Tork Tech Kit, with a Whipple Crusher!

whipplecharged0

Established Member

I have a TKO-500 in my GT as well and was wondering what clutch you went with. My Ram HD is too much for a street car and want somthing different.

The centerforce dual friction is a great clutch and I love mine

Last edited:

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member

I run a McLeod Street Twin clutch in my GT with a TKO600 and I really like it. Pedal pressure isn't too bad and handles lots of abuse.

whipplecharged0

Established Member
i don't know if I want to replace my hood or not though. the research i have done says you have to replace the stock hood to do the tork teck kit.

Users who are viewing this thread