built rear

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
I've got a 31 spline diff. and 4.30s I still have to buy the axles and a girdle and the installation kit. My question is should I really buy a girdle? Is it worth the 150 I'd spend on it? I'll hardly ever go to the track not sure if that matters.

Also if I should get one any certain brands I should look at?

buckinwild

Established Member
I vote not necessary, its nice to have that drainplug feature so you don't have to pull the cover whenever, no real help on refill though. Brands? I personally can only vouch for MAC since that was the brand I bought and had no problems, I'm sure most of the known brands will be fine. If I can hang on to my car (long story) I'd planned on going with the granatelli black cover next time around along with 4.10's and "28" spline forged axles. I used rtv in lieu of gasket and make sure to use on bungs/plugs as well, if you get one.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
If you are spending the money on the other things and the diff cover has to come off anyway ...why not?

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
If you can sling the cash.. I would definitely pick it up. Nice reassurance and adds no extra time to installation.

However, since like you said..you don't plan on going to the track that often..if you decide against it, you will be fine.

Even on my tight budget, I found the cash for a girdle. Although I plan on launching the piss out of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread