Built Short Block

rlearp

Established Member
Who's offers a good built short block and what sort of money are we talking about for one?

If one was to go with a built short block (and naturally associated Whipple or KB to go with it) is it worth it to port the heads? I'd assume yes, but I don't know what the 2V heads flow stock, and if the blower negates that somewhat. I'm sure the springs would be worth upgrading, as well as going a good valve job.

Ron

needmoreboost

boost is my anti-drug
Established Member
just a built short block? 3500-4k but for everything you listed i would guess right off top of my head your looking at 10k before its all 100% up tunned and ready to rock

rlearp

Established Member
More interested in just a built short block as I get worried about power levels and making something go boom on the stock block. I could buy a Whipple/KB, but, I'd be a bit worried on cranking the boost to 15lbs or so.

I'm right at 405/515 now, on a fat rich tune with no timing. I am sure I could put on a Whipple/KB and make probably 450/530 or so, probably more with agressive timing/fuel, but then I'd be worried about safety with the higher power levels.

R

Users who are viewing this thread