Built Teksid shortblock, Eaton swap parts

chronomitch

Established Member
Just out of curiosity - is that bad? Were you hoping for the stock 8.5:1 ?
That really depends on a bunch of factors, such as how much boost you want to run, the type of fuel you're using, the method of boost, etc.

For a PD blower, it's better to run lower compression and higher boost because you don't have to worry about any low-end torque problems. With a centri, the engine won't wake up until ~3.5k RPM, so you don't want to go with a really low compression engine for a street car because the low-end torque will suffer. I think 9:1 is about perfect for a street car with a centri blower on 91 pump gas.

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
gotcha... yeah so I have always been interested in picking up a teksid but I would keep my 2.9 Whipple PD blower, so I guess I would want to stick with a low compression setup. Is compression ratio determined by the piston that was installed? Can a thicker head gasket be used?

SGT MERC

Established Member
PD blowers also need lower compression engines because of detination. lower compression opens the quench zone so you can have a little more wiggle room with tuning and if you get bad gas. I'm running 18lbs of booth with a whipple 3.4 on an 8 to 1 compression engine, DSS 23cc dish pistons. I can run 87 octane gas if i want through that set up, been there and done it.

Users who are viewing this thread