Built TR6060/manual tranny options?

DMotorsports

Established Member
Just wondered if there are any companies that will "beef up" the TR6060. Most of my internet searches just produced companies that sell it as an upgrade to other transmissions, but none that actually built it up to handle more power.

I don't have any issues currently, and don't expect to, but I was wondering if there are any options out there. My current setup shouldn't be pushing the limits of the stock transmission, but I'm just thinking ahead to future builds. I know most people who push to extremes eventually go to an auto, but I REALLY don't want to go that route. I also know that clutchless manuals are supposedly nearly impossible to street. Are there any manual tranny options out there that can reliably handle the abuse of ~1000rwhp?

F8L SN8K

Established Member
It all depends on your intended purpose for the transmission and car. Promotion Powertrain and G-force transmissions both can help you out. It all comes down to compromises that you are willing to deal with and what goal you are trying to achieve. If you are trying to get max ET from a manual at 1000rwhp you have to step up to a faceplates/dog ringed/pro-shifted or even a clutchless trans. If you are just wanting a trans that will put up with the number on the dyno and street driven the parts can be upgraded for that also for sticky tires and good 60" times. Heck if you just run on the street the stock trans is fine because the tires don't hook up enough to cause enough stress.

Last edited:

DMotorsports

Established Member
This would be mostly for use at the strip with slicks, but still able to street it for a Sunday afternoon drive if wanted. By no means looking for something that makes a silky-smooth daily driver.

Users who are viewing this thread