Built Whipple Terminator Exhaust

VenemousStang

Established Member
I have an 03 cobra with built motor whipple 3.4 and looking for the best exhaust setup. Currently have mac longtubes and prochamber into bassani 2.5 catback. Could I just run a 3 inch catback say the bassani and be good to go or are the headers or prochamber still restricting anything. I believe headers ahould be good just not sure about the prochamber. Anyone have any insight?

Termilvr

Established Member
go with either kooks or american racing 1 7/8th stepped or 1 3/4 primarys with 3 in collector. if you want to go with a 3 in cb then you will need a 3 in midpipe or you can get a 3 in midpipe that reduces at the end to mate to a 2.5 in cb.

VenemousStang

Established Member
You think I shouldn't keep my Mac longtubes? I believe they are 1 5/8 with 3 inch collector but could be 2.5.

mach1033

Established Member
I have a 2.9 whipple with a built motor. I run the 1 3/4 Kooks LT's, Dr.Gas 3 inch x pipe and I pieced together a 3 inch magnaflow cat back. Sounds good to me.

mach1033

Established Member
It's 2.5" collector on the Mac. You actually have an excellent setup, I wouldn't change anything - you won't make more hp/tq that's noticeable. Work on something else.

On a stock motor I would agree with you. He has a built motor which to me means ported heads and cams. OP is this what you have?

VenemousStang

Established Member
On a stock motor I would agree with you. He has a built motor which to me means ported heads and cams. OP is this what you have?

I have a MMR 4.75L motor with mildly ported 04 heads but stock cams at this point in time. Whipple 3.4 at 19psi. Dynoed at 718rwhp with the Mac longtubes Prochamber and bassani 2.5 catback. Love the setup and sound just trying to find out if it is worth it to change anything

mach1033

Established Member
I have a MMR 4.75L motor with mildly ported 04 heads but stock cams at this point in time. Whipple 3.4 at 19psi. Dynoed at 718rwhp with the Mac longtubes Prochamber and bassani 2.5 catback. Love the setup and sound just trying to find out if it is worth it to change anything

I would leave it alone. Your making great power

VenemousStang

Established Member
Been a while since anyone was on this thread lol but you should be able to find some bassani,magnaflow etc. for that application

Users who are viewing this thread