Built whippled 03 Saleen Cobra

8tang

Established Member
hi guys-
ive decided to part ways with my car as i am out of town for work too much to mess with it and ive lost interest.

the car.
2003 saleen cobra clean title 58xxx miles

mods.
K&N big af
polished c&l maf
2.3 whipple @18lbs
lightning force performance intercooler reservoir
lightning force performance alum radiator
AFCO heat exchanger
60lb/hr injectors
optima red top battery
ford GT valve covers
magnaflow catted x-pipe
bassani mufflers with center exit exhaust
autometer lunar A/F and boost gauges
raptor shift light (never hooked up)
liberity 26 spline input shaft
MGW shifter
spec stage 3 clutch
forged steel throw-out bearing retainer
fiore adjustable clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster
maximum motorsports pedal adjuster
LDC clutch freeplay correction
stock 3.55's
driveshaft shop level 5 half shafts
Driveshaft shop level 5inner cv's
driveshaft shop level 5 outter cv's
driveshaft shop level 5 larger hubs with extended studs
billetflow IRS brace
steeda IRS plates
Brembo front slotted rotors and calipers
steel braided brake lines
saleen racecraft suspension
n2 filled shocks
eibach springs
maximum motorsports caster camber plates
maximum motorsports powder coated sub frame connectors
maximum motorssports k-member crossbar
pioneer dual din head unit the interior is basically stock besides that and gauges.
all tires are like brand new
im sure i am forgetting a list of things

-whipple recently rebuilt by stiegmeier less thgen 500 miles ago also had them do port work on it at the same time, (they claim 30 rwhp but im not sure)
the car made 612rwhp on 93oct before the whipple was rebuilt

**MAKE SURE YOU READ BELOW**

i recently spent a pretty penny and bought a all alum long block with 03-04 heads FR500 cams heavey duty valve springs SS valves manley forged pistons and rods all arp hardware(basically a aluminator) along with long tube headers and a off road x pipe that is sitting in my shop and will come with the car, and i intended on dropping in but have lost interest and dont have the time, the reason i bought this is i did a compression check recently and the 3rd cylinder back from the front on the pass side read 0psi, so i would say that it is a valve considering it doesnt smoke or burn any oil, and still runs idels and drives, i just want to be honest with everyone and not hide anything, so drop in the new motor and youll have a built awesome car and fix the old motor or sell it and recover some of the money you spent on the car.

if you have any questions feel free to call or text 618-550-1989 as i am not on here a whole lot. i will be happy to send a video or any other pictures to your phone or email, car is located in highland IL about 30 mins east of st louis MO, thanks Brent

asking $20,500 as i have more then that in parts in the car and just spent alot on the long block.

photo3-1.jpg

photo.jpg

photo3-2.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.png

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

Last edited:

8tang

Established Member
yes, complete running car, and the long block headers and x pipe i just bought that are sitting in my shop.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
What number Saleen is this? Or is it a fake.. I'm pretty sure it's a fake due to the C-pillars but I'm not 100% sure.

8tang

Established Member
the id # under the hood on the saleen badge is 03-0401 mfg date 05/03. it also has the badge in front of the shifter and in the glove box, all the body pieces wheels and suspension are authentic saleen, i was told it was when i bought it, but from what i understand there where only a had full (less then 20 i believe) built in 03, and i also heard something about an additional 33 being built in some kinda law suite towards saleen where they were suppose to build them but didnt and some where already sold? so they had to build 33 more? but im not sure about the truth in that, i never bothered to authenticate if it was or not, i liked the way the car looked and handled did some modding and just enjoyed it. oh and the title says 03 cobra on it.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well man if I were you I'd run the VIN and see what's up. IF indeed this is a real saleen cobra you should consider holding off on selling this, as this vehicle is worth double what you're asking.

So so far the C-pillars aren't correct and I believe that in 03/04 they came with a 3 piece wing not the 1 piece..

Last edited:

OU812

Established Member
Well man if I were you I'd run the VIN and see what's up. IF indeed this is a real saleen cobra you should consider holding off on selling this, as this vehicle is worth double what you're asking.

So so far the C-pillars aren't correct and I believe that in 03/04 they came with a 3 piece wing not the 1 piece..

They did have a 3 piece wing in 03/04 and it's missing a few of the other things. They only produced 400 total saleens in 2003 (11 being cobras) so with a ID tag of 401 it's definitely a clone, someone did a pretty decent job on it though.

Joyrider564

Established Member
I had taken a look at this car back when the other owner had it, and when I called saleen, they said it was NOT a Saleen. It is a cobra though. I do however have a carfax before the current owner for this car and the VIN for any interested parties. PM me if interested

Last edited:

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
man, either way you slice this, its a good deal. piss poor timing or i'd consider. GLWS...

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
I had taken a look at this car back when the other owner had it, and when I called saleen, they said it was NOT a cobra. I do however have a carfax before the current owner for this car and the VIN for any interested parties. PM me if interested

So is it a Saleen with a Cobra swap or a Cobra with a Saleen kit?

8tang

Established Member
i have the original svt build certificate and paper work from ford, and it is titled as a 2003 cobra, also forgot it has a sct 2600 i believe? ill have to look maf and sct x caliber tuner, all led reverse lights and license plate lights, along with hid unltra white head lights

Joyrider564

Established Member
i have the original svt build certificate and paper work from ford, and it is titled as a 2003 cobra, also forgot it has a sct 2600 i believe? ill have to look maf and sct x caliber tuner, all led reverse lights and license plate lights, along with hid unltra white head lights

I had misspoke in my first post, I apologize. I meant to say not a real Saleen. I had heard the same thing from the previous owner about a "Lawsuit" Saleen Cobra, but I couldn't get any other information to back it up.

It is a damn gorgeous car and a steal for the price. Good luck with the sale.

1stanglover

Ready to see tail lights?
Established Member
My saleen showed up as a GT in carfax but then I called saleen and had the run the vin, and the verified it as a true saleen. Just take the vin and call saleen and they can verify the info (color, build, number etc). Either way its a hell of a deal! GLWS.

Joyrider564

Established Member
My saleen showed up as a GT in carfax but then I called saleen and had the run the vin, and the verified it as a true saleen. Just take the vin and call saleen and they can verify the info (color, build, number etc). Either way its a hell of a deal! GLWS.

I had done the same thing with this car, one 3 separate occasions to make sure I didn't have some slowpoke at the keyboard. They said it was not an authentic Saleen. I couldn't get the build number from the previous owner, so I would call Saleen and ask about that build number from that year to see about the plates that are on the car. They may know something I couldn't figure out.

Users who are viewing this thread