Bullets for resonators Part II......

IGO 202

Established Member
About a year ago I installed JPC OTA pipes & due to the raspy sound I added a set of 3" Dynomax bullets that have a 6" long body.

It did help a little but I'm ready to quiet the car and/or rasp down more.

Trying to find out what is the longest set of bullets you folks have installed and did it help?

Thanks again,
Dan

liter of cola

Established Member
how could you not like the sound? I don't get it. I hav no reso's an x pipe and straight through mufflers all in a 3" setup and I love how nasty and burbly it sounds. I actually about to do side pipes to get even louder.

KushBandit

Established Member
how could you not like the sound? I don't get it. I hav no reso's an x pipe and straight through mufflers all in a 3" setup and I love how nasty and burbly it sounds. I actually about to do side pipes to get even louder.

I bet that sounds obnoxious. It seems the coyote owners are becoming like the F-body guys, putting the loudest/raspiest exhausts on their cars.

Too each their own I suppose. Currently looking into these resonators as well. The "tin can" sound I get around 3K RPM is terrible, at least inside it is.

Last edited:

liter of cola

Established Member
I bet that sounds obnoxious. It seems the coyote owners are becoming like the F-body guys, putting the loudest/raspiest exhausts on their cars.

Too each their own I suppose. Currently looking into these resonators as well. The "tin can" sound I get around 3K RPM is terrible, at least inside it is.

not obnoxious at all, driving slow around town and highway cruising produces a very low rumble, it would be obnoxious if I had no cats but I still have the stock cats. WOT is awesome though, echo's through the streets. downside is a little bit of drone at 2k thats only noticeable in 6th so I just make sure not to shift to 6th until I pass about 65-70mph in 5th about 3500-4000rpm with my 3.73's.

Last edited:

IGO 202

Established Member
What is your exhaust set up atm?

I've installed Kooks shorties, Steeda X pipe with Kooks hi-flow cats, the JPC OTA pipes, 6" bullets & GT500 mufflers.

liter of cola.....If the car ran 9's or 10's I wouldn't mind the noise so much (I have a 10 second big block Chevelle street car that is fairly loud) but everytime I twist it I'm looking for cops. The rasp carries so far.
Actually the car is the wife's daily driver and it's not so much the volume I'm tired of, it's the rasp. I'm kinda old school and at 60 I like the deeper sound.

Maybe the old saying is true......if it's too loud, you're too old!

Dan

99.9%stock

cuz stock sucks!!!
Established Member
I have the 16'' in place of the stock resonators and gt500's ab and its not bad at all

KushBandit

Established Member
not obnoxious at all, driving slow around town and highway cruising produces a very low rumble, it would be obnoxious if I had no cats but I still have the stock cats. WOT is awesome though, echo's through the streets. downside is a little bit of drone at 2k thats only noticeable in 6th so I just make sure not to shift to 6th until I pass about 65-70mph in 5th about 3500-4000rpm with my 3.73's.

Oh, I misunderstood. I was thinking you had an O/R X pipe lol.

clc44

Established Member
I've installed Kooks shorties, Steeda X pipe with Kooks hi-flow cats, the JPC OTA pipes, 6" bullets & GT500 mufflers.

liter of cola.....If the car ran 9's or 10's I wouldn't mind the noise so much (I have a 10 second big block Chevelle street car that is fairly loud) but everytime I twist it I'm looking for cops. The rasp carries so far.
Actually the car is the wife's daily driver and it's not so much the volume I'm tired of, it's the rasp. I'm kinda old school and at 60 I like the deeper sound.

Maybe the old saying is true......if it's too loud, you're too old!

Dan

Replace the X with an H and go with a chambered muffler. Spintech, Flowmaster or MAC should get you a deep sound without the rasp.

IGO 202

Established Member
Thanks for the replies and suggestions guys.

Yeah, I've thought about swapping over to an H pipe but the Steeda piece was pricey & I hate to spend the $$$ for an H pipe setup but will if I have to.....was just hoping someone with long bullets would chime in and say it really reduced the rasp.

Appreciate it folks,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread