"Bullitt" chase scene!!

stangdude

Established Member
have any of you people seen the movie "Bullitt"? GREAT MOVIE!! well, the chase scene at least. Steve McQueen personally chose to drive a '68 GT 390 in the movie!

if you people haven't seen it, you can at least download the (about) 9 minute chase! it's awesome!! watch it and let me know what ya think!

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/67-68/68/bullitt/bullitt.avi

burninrubber4.jpg

burninrubber5.jpg

burninrubber3.jpg

rearview2.jpg

bones

Established Member
Get the DVD. It has lots of special features on how they set up the chase scene. Great stuff & great movie.

depken

Established Member
I just sold a 68 Fastback 2 months ago...and I miss that car...seeing that chase scene again makes me want to buy another...lol

BittenInBama

Established Member
Great chase!!! I love this scene. Movie is kinda so so, but.... The bug getting passed, the hubcaps flying off the Charger, and the charger crashing into the camera as it rounds a corner. Makes for a cool audio recording for the drive to work too.

There was a old movie I rented several years ago; about one of the NASCAR guys. It featured a black 67/68 fastback that sounded great. Anyone else seen this one? Sorry, I dont remember the name though. Seems like Gary Busey was star??

OK, "Last American Hero" i believe was the movie about Jr Johnson. Sweet Mustang. A lot of Bullitt sounds were used too, at least it sounded very much like the Bullitt Mustang.

Last edited:

99L#411

Established Member
the sound of the Mustang's exhaust is actually layed over with exhaust from a Ford 427 GT40. The 390 was beefed up with porting, cam, and glasspacks to keep up with the Charger. Chase seen was filmed in actual speed and Steve McQueen did all the driving (no power steering !!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread