Bullitt/Mach 1 Shootout.

Tomcat427

I know I need a cage :)
Established Member
TheBlkMach1 said:
Damn!! Is that Easter weekend? I've got a clutch on the way and a few other goodies coming soon. It may be pushing the time frame for me. Too bad it wasn't about 2 weeks later. I'd make the drive!!

The weekend after Easter, so you have close to 3 weeks. :thumbsup:

grey03mach1

Speed Junkie
Established Member
I'll be knocking on the 11's hopefully that day. The track is suppose to be extremely nice. It's only 3 years old.

Awaiting news from the stealership, because my motor may be shot. I'm hoping for the best but expect the worse.

Tomcat427

Established Member
grey03mach1 said:
I'll be knocking on the 11's hopefully that day. The track is suppose to be extremely nice. It's only 3 years old.

Awaiting news from the stealership, because my motor may be shot. I'm hoping for the best but expect the worse.

Sorry to hear about your motor. Hope things work out. :beer:

grey03mach1

Speed Junkie
Established Member
I used my Predator to check out the TPS voltage and it was bad. I replaced it and now it runs good. I think I'm also going to get a new MAF sensor because mine is split down the middle.
I might have gotten lucky after all. 3 of my spark plugs were closed off. That is a total of 5 plugs with no gap. Something got very hot at the track and caused the internals to break down. It was steadily running slower times too.
12.3 @ 114
12.5 @ 113
12.8 @ 114
After the third run I checked the jets. I had a friend activate the switch while the nozzle was in my hand to ensure that everything was spraying right. There was fuel all over my MAF. I also noticed after it sprayed the fuel would continue to drip out. DUNNO
Hopefully I be able to attend the shootout. The N20,CAI,Exhaust are all removed from the car though.

Tomcat427

Established Member
Got to do a little tnt in the 1/8 mile. Could only get a 7.29 @ 96.96 out of her. Guess I need a little more practice. :shrug:

Oh wait, it was just TNT. :-D

Can't hardly wait to make a full pass. :beer:

Tomcat427

Established Member
grey03mach1 said:
I used my Predator to check out the TPS voltage and it was bad. I replaced it and now it runs good. I think I'm also going to get a new MAF sensor because mine is split down the middle.
I might have gotten lucky after all. 3 of my spark plugs were closed off. That is a total of 5 plugs with no gap. Something got very hot at the track and caused the internals to break down. It was steadily running slower times too.
12.3 @ 114
12.5 @ 113
12.8 @ 114
After the third run I checked the jets. I had a friend activate the switch while the nozzle was in my hand to ensure that everything was spraying right. There was fuel all over my MAF. I also noticed after it sprayed the fuel would continue to drip out. DUNNO
Hopefully I be able to attend the shootout. The N20,CAI,Exhaust are all removed from the car though.

I do hope things work out for you. :beer:

machone

NA power
Established Member
I would come but:
Starting from: Martinez, CA Arriving at: Rusk, TX
Distance: 1856.1 miles Approximate Travel Time: 28 hours 33 mins

Tomcat427

Established Member
machone said:
I would come but:
Starting from: Martinez, CA Arriving at: Rusk, TX
Distance: 1856.1 miles Approximate Travel Time: 28 hours 33 mins

Lets see, today is Wednesday, yep, better hurry and get on the road. :burnout:

That would be a fun drive though. :thumbsup:

I will try and Support the Azure Blue owners well. :rockon:

Tomcat427

Established Member
Well, couldn't get a decent 60ft all day.

My best run was:

1/8.............7.556
mph............94.67
1/4.............11.645
mph............119.58

It was fun, and now my racing days are done. I do plan on attending future Mach 1/Bullitt shootouts, just not as a racer.

grey03mach1

Speed Junkie
Established Member
Why are the racing days done? I removed every mod I had the other day except for the MGW shifter and the 4.10 gears. Everytime I tracked it something gave way. $hit cost too much $$$. I've gotta find a cheaper hobby.

Tomcat427

Established Member
grey03mach1 said:
Why are the racing days done? I removed every mod I had the other day except for the MGW shifter and the 4.10 gears. Everytime I tracked it something gave way. $hit cost too much $$$. I've gotta find a cheaper hobby.

Mainly I need more time for my family. My oldest daughter is fifteen and my youngest is 10 months, I have 2 kids in between. I will have a teeneager living at home for the next 18 years. :rolling:

Cost doesn't have much to do with it at this point because I had already built the car to meet my goals.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Anyone have any pics from this event? Sounded like a lot of fun! And Tomcat427, that is some beast you have there. Can you post a pic?

Tomcat427

Established Member
CobraBob said:
Anyone have any pics from this event? Sounded like a lot of fun! And Tomcat427, that is some beast you have there. Can you post a pic?

Thanks!!

I am actualy on my wifes computer right now. I left mine at work, lol. I will try and posts some pics tomorrow, if not tomorrow then saturday.

Tomcat427

Established Member
CobraBob said:

Apparently I can't post pics. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread