Bullitt seems like its dead up top...

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
I'm positive the pedal is to the floor, because its fine up until that rpm range. So as of right now im going to try and reset the eec, check the tps voltage, check the coils for cracks, check the fuel pressure, have the cel codes checked, and check for air leaks. Anything else to look for?

Change your fuel filter.

mg02bullitt

Established Member
I guess i was wrong, i used NGK v-power plugs, so hopefully theres nothing wrong with that kind. They've got probably 200 miles on them, if that.

02wingless

ASE Master L1
Established Member
See what that MIL is before you start throwing anymore parts at it. TPS very seldom go bad on Ford's. The PCM wont pick up MAF and fuel problems a lot of the time though.

Blackened GT

Established Member
I would throw it on the dyno. Most place charge about $75 for three pulls. That'll get you a full read out on just about everything. Sounds to me like the car is getting lean on the topside. It used to be a v6 right? You did change out the ECU didn't you?

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
I would throw it on the dyno. Most place charge about $75 for three pulls. That'll get you a full read out on just about everything. Sounds to me like the car is getting lean on the topside. It used to be a v6 right? You did change out the ECU didn't you?

It wouldnt run at all without the right PCM.

Apicia

Established Member
I think it may be a spark problem. Tends to show up more at higher rpms. I know an LT-1 TransAm has no where the same ignition, but when spark when bad it showed up at +4500 rpms (before the vented distributors). Maybe a bad coil-on-plug pack?

Users who are viewing this thread