Bullrun Thread

BigDan

Established Member
Good luck and I will be checking in for updates. You and Matt in a mustang with no AC sounds like punishment.

robiferretti

Established Member
Large Update
[youtube_browser]Lg-h3n0X3-U[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]lCC4tAZKPf0[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]M-EbElv0RCQ[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]ZX0PH1Ot4Gw[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]0tYdiJRSbM0[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]09oL24ZCFhw[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]WDRW-nrlep0[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]nzgr2e6REAE[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]LkLkLeCfiXw[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I just finished watching the videos.

What I saw was a high-speed road trip with a party each night and complete disregard for the safety of others on the highway.

Two days of driving on a suspended license and cruising speeds of 120 mph with areas up to 160 mph in traffic according to the video.

At the closing rate you are approaching traffic there is no way you could avoid a slower car if there was a lane change. That is complete disregard for other human life.

IT IS YOUR CHOICE TO KILL YOURSELF, JUST DON'T TAKE MY FAMILY WITH YOU.

Take it to the track, Bonneville or one of the open road races in the unlimited class.

You wanna be a bad boy? Build a car that can average over 200 mph for 100 miles in an open road race.

Tom

robiferretti

Established Member
I've done the Siver State classic twice already, i've run 15 tracks across the country, i've driven 5 cross country rallies. Sorry its not for everyone.

robiferretti

Established Member
I've done the Siver State classic twice already, i've run 15 tracks across the country, i've driven 5 cross country rallies. Sorry its not for everyone.

Its not an argument, its different philosophies. Just because you disagree with what I do doesn't make one wrong. You can't separate a road rally, from every "car cruise", "poker run", guy speeding down the highway by himself. If your worried about other people on the road causing you or your families lives to be in jeopardy don't take drive on the roads. I'll tell you someone able to handle a car driving fast on any road isn't the biggest threat to your commute. There are way to many under qualified / inadequate drivers on the road driving poorly do to being distracted, under the influence, tired, exceeding the abilities of their vehicle, driving under maintained vehicles, being too old, road raging, poor road conditions, etc...
I respect anyones decisions to never exceed the speed limit, but please don't look at my decision to speed and cast judgement. The cops are their to enforce traffic laws and generate revenue, leave it to the traffic judges to cast judgement.

So sleep easy knowing that I'm not as dangerous as you thought, or be angry that I am a pompous prick who "just doesn't get it", either way I have made my last post in this thread on this subject. Any further discussions can be made via email [email protected]

cheers boys :beer:

flattrack53

Established Member
Its not an argument, its different philosophies. Just because you disagree with what I do doesn't make one wrong. You can't separate a road rally, from every "car cruise", "poker run", guy speeding down the highway by himself. If your worried about other people on the road causing you or your families lives to be in jeopardy don't take drive on the roads. I'll tell you someone able to handle a car driving fast on any road isn't the biggest threat to your commute. There are way to many under qualified / inadequate drivers on the road driving poorly do to being distracted, under the influence, tired, exceeding the abilities of their vehicle, driving under maintained vehicles, being too old, road raging, poor road conditions, etc...
I respect anyones decisions to never exceed the speed limit, but please don't look at my decision to speed and cast judgement. The cops are their to enforce traffic laws and generate revenue, leave it to the traffic judges to cast judgement.

So sleep easy knowing that I'm not as dangerous as you thought, or be angry that I am a pompous prick who "just doesn't get it", either way I have made my last post in this thread on this subject. Any further discussions can be made via email [email protected]

The thing is...You are a pompous prick who "just doesnt get it". I think you need to re-read what everyone else said. It doesnt matter how many track days you have done. The street and track are two totally different worlds. If you watch ANY type of racing, you see drivers make mistakes. I hope when YOU do make a mistake you don't kill anyone else. So when you go blowing by someone a 100mph faster then they are, that is acceptable to you? At that point you are taking my friends and family lives into jeopardy.

When you said bullrun, I figured it would be a couple of hours driving to a track and then do some racing with some other cars. More like last man standing wins. I can't believe some idiot would spend 20k to enter this crap.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
The thing is...You are a pompous prick who "just doesnt get it". I think you need to re-read what everyone else said. It doesnt matter how many track days you have done. The street and track are two totally different worlds. If you watch ANY type of racing, you see drivers make mistakes. I hope when YOU do make a mistake you don't kill anyone else. So when you go blowing by someone a 100mph faster then they are, that is acceptable to you? At that point you are taking my friends and family lives into jeopardy.

When you said bullrun, I figured it would be a couple of hours driving to a track and then do some racing with some other cars. More like last man standing wins. I can't believe some idiot would spend 20k to enter this crap.

NO joke. I can honestly say Rob's "logic" is the most absurd, retarded, thing I have read in quite some time. Some Bullrun idiot who crashes going 150+, tearing around some innocent person on the road, isn't liable for the accident... according to his logic. He thinks it's the innocent drivers fault for being in the way. WOW

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member

Rob,

I warned you above that you would lose this one, but your ego had to get in the way. No matter what you write, what you do, you are outclassed by those here with far greater race experience. Those are the folks who know to really race means to take it to a track and do so against others with similar abilities in an environment that shows who is and who is not the best. Your quoted post above is the perfect example of "I know what I'm doing and it will never happen to me syndrome". Remember,cars don't kill people, the ego of the person behind the wheel with the very mind set I just quoted do. Glorifying your escapades for fame and supposed fortune is one thing,living with this " I can't do anything wrong" mindset is a whole other story. Those who I spoke with in Ridgewood/Maywood/Halworth/Paramus (there were more than a few) that personally know you pretty much called it, you have more money than brains , and that was the more kind words that were spoken.For you it is not a matter of if,but a matter of when you will seriously injure someone, sadly, even then you'll say "it wasn't my fault". :rollseyes

Bill S.

PS: As for further discussion, don't run away to your email, be a man and stick around..........

Last edited:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Lots of really nice cars. Watched every video. Would love to see a group of cars like that rolling down the interstate.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
It seems to me to be a way to be charged with criminally negligent homicide.

I wonder if the entire group could be charged in criminal and/or civil court due to the actions of one participant? :shrug:

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
In one of Rob's daily recap videos above there was an Audi R8 who DID crash, and I believe it struck the rear of a Honda on the highway. I bet that Honda driver would just LOVE to see this thread, and the moronic attitude of some of the Bullrun drivers. I'm sure the Honda driver's lawyer would like it even more.

Is this some of your "race car driver skill" that had a Honda get in the way? Who was being unsafe... the Honda, Rob?

[youtube_browser]_suTtSyTxC4[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
It seems to me to be a way to be charged with criminally negligent homicide.

I wonder if the entire group could be charged in criminal and/or civil court due to the actions of one participant? :shrug:

Doc, Yep.....exactly what I was thinking.

By blatantly running those high speeds and then posting and bragging about it I think you would be toast in the courtroom. I know here in Texas you would be spending some time behind bars.

Unfortunately, this will probably be tested in the near future.

And taking this a step further, how in the world would the organizers get out of it? I would think a proper attorney would wrap all of them into it as well.

Bill, funny you said "more money than brains". I was actually going to use those words to describe the whole lot of them in my post.

Tom

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member

A few of the members here have done the One Lap event. That is the format. A week drive is connected with tracks you drive. Your rank is based on how you perform ON THE TRACK.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread