Bump Stop Relocation Bracket install - contact with spring

SVT-COBRA

Established Member
I installed the Bump Stop Relocation brackets on my '13 Shelby. The base of the passenger's side bump stop is making contact with the bottom of the spring. The pictures are taken from the rear looking forward towards the bump stop. It appears that the factory location on the passenger's side is closer to the spring than on the driver's side. I'm getting ready to lower the car with springs and install upper and lower control arms and a panhard bar. Anyone see this before or know if it will cause any issues?

Driver's Side
driver's side.jpg

passenger's side
passenger's side.jpg

_Satch_

Established Member
IMG_0528.JPG
I put the bump stop relocation brackets on last Summer and I didn't have any issues... here is a picture from when I was switching my rotors out just a couple of weeks ago. It is taken on the passenger side looking rearward. You can see some light between the spring and the bottom of the bracket. Sorry I couldn't help more.
-Satch

SVT-COBRA

Established Member
There is really only one way to install it correctly. There is a hole in the plate that the bump stop has to be positioned above and the front edge of the plate is flat. If it was installed incorrectly either the flat edge would be facing the rear of the car or the hole in the plate would be visible.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Since the bump stop plate and the spring perch are both located on the axle housing and are in fixed positions, there shouldn't be a problem. They can't get any closer.

SVT-COBRA

Established Member
That makes sense. I wasn't sure if the bottom part of the spring it was contacting would move up and down as the suspension was compressed.

Users who are viewing this thread