Bunch of suspension parts where to begin?

Seppelrator

Established Member
Hi I ordered a bunch of suspension parts from Van a long time ago and now finally want to install them but need some guidance on how, in what order and what tools I need.
Also after the install will I need a alignment and who can do this?
Thanks for the help guys.

Here the list:
-BMR bolt in control arm relocation brackets
-Tociko D-spec adjustable shocks
-BMR lower control arms adjustable
-BMR panhard rod adjustable
-BMR upper panhard rod support
-Ford racing lowering springs 1.25"
-BMR upper control arm and mount package

98ATLBlueCobra

Established Member
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo9sg-mTmXw

I like thIs video for the spring install. Obviously there are multiple ways to do this example with spring compressors. U really need an impact to get strut nut loose. I've never done adjustable control arms however I would think they are straight foward. I'm sure a lot of guys can give u some more detailed help in here.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
I would loosen the LCAs, but leave them attached to the body and diff to keep the rearend somewhat stable. Then lower the diff and remove all of the parts that will be replaced. Re-install in this order:

1. UCA and mount (torque the UCA/mount pivot bolt before installing mount on the car)
2. Springs
3. Shocks
4. LCA relo-brackets
5. LCAs (adjust to stock length)
6. Panhard rod support
7. Panhard rod

No alignment required when only working on the rear suspension. Each BMR component will have an instruction sheet packaged with it that lists procedures and tools required to complete the job.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm gonna change the front too so I'll need an alignment correct?

Yes, your front suspension camber and toe will be affected when you lower the front... alignment required. In that case, get a four wheel alignment and zero out the thrust angle of your rear axle with the adjustable LCAs.

^^^ +1, good stuff!

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
Yes, your front suspension camber and toe will be affected when you lower the front... alignment required. In that case, get a four wheel alignment and zero out the thrust angle of your rear axle with the adjustable LCAs.

^^^ +1, good stuff!

Should you be looking for an experienced performance shop for the alignment to get the thrust angle zeroed out back or is this a given for most shops? I too will be installing similar parts and want to make sure I get a good alignment.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Should you be looking for an experienced performance shop for the alignment to get the thrust angle zeroed out back or is this a given for most shops? I too will be installing similar parts and want to make sure I get a good alignment.

Yes, you should look for a shop that has lots of experience with the S197 chassis and aftermarket suspension components. Should any alignment shop be able to do it?... yes, but who knows what the end result would be. I have a Longacre Racing alignment kit and perform my own front end alignments on my Shelby; my rear LCAs are not adjustable.

Users who are viewing this thread