burmout

Machinator

Banned
blackmagicmach said:
this is gonna sound really stupid but how do you do a BURN OUT in a manual car? :??:

No it is not stupid, we are all new at one point. A proper burnout will begin with you pointing your car in a safe direction, I assume you mean you will be doing this at the track. So you align yourself pointing down the track, and place the car in 1st gear, rev to about 4500-5500 rpms and dump the clutch, VERY IMPORTANT, WHEN YOU DUMP the clutch with your left foot IMMEDIATLY push the brake in so you dont go flying forward. At this point your tires should be spinning and you should be sitting still. DONT FORGET to to turn off the traction control or your car will bog down and die. Remember be safe, do not do burnouts where you could hurt someone keep racing at the track where it is LEGAL. Dont break the law and you will have more fun. :)

MeanGreen68

alot of people say a proper burnout must be done in second gear. so the technique would be exactly like above, but start in second and dumo the clucth from there. i'm not going to be trying it from second until i upgrade my rear end, because i don't want to hook too much and break anything and i don't want to dump the clutch from second with the stock rear either.

Users who are viewing this thread