Burning Alternator To Quick

Novice

Established Member
WTF....I have a missed up wire that's burning my alternator. I just bought a new alternator and it died on me two day's after installing it. Ima start at the Starter then check else where. New Battery...New Alternator...It's gotta be a Bucked up Wire shorting out my Alternator. Has this problem happen to anyone with a 5.0? Hopefully sooo...SoI could narrow down the problem.

Novice

Established Member
LoL...I guess none of you guys had this problem. Your all here just to look and browse? Well I haven't found the problem yet...and im tired as Phuck. My alternator has a warranty but... I hate to put a new one just so it could blow in a few days................:??:

Hockeyman48

Established Member
Check your engine to frame ground connections,also clean all positive lead wires from alternator connection to Battery and check insulation on same wire/wires.

youngone

I hate ugly people
Established Member
Check your engine to frame ground connections,also clean all positive lead wires from alternator connection to Battery and check insulation on same wire/wires.

+1

Also do not count out that the new alternator was weak already, I have gotten "new" parts that took a shit on me a few days later.

Novice

Established Member
The Speed Shop I went to put in a New Power Master 130 Amp Alternator. They said my Harmonic Balancer was out and my Belt was on wrong. Yes...the belt was on wrong, infact I had my belt turning my fan the opposite way. I never over heated but had it fixed like a true Novice. My car has been back for 1 day now and hasn't burned the alternator. Well see wasup in a few days.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Glad you found out what it was.......but I have to say...WOW. I've never heard of anyoen putting a belt on wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread