Burning smell with AC on...??

slow_rider

Established Member
I have not used my AC much in the past couple of weeks because I thought that my freon was low/out... The other night I was out headed to a furniture store and it started to rain so I turn the defrosters on so I could see :p Well within an few moments I could smell something like burning rubber coming from the vents :shrug: I thought it was cars around me cause some were putting out some bad smells so I passed them. When I got to the store I could still smell it. :bash: So I popped my hood and it smelled like it was coming from the side that the AC is on. I was a STRONG smell but could not see much cause it was dark. when I got out of the store I started the car, with defroster/ac off, and all was good. At an idle I turn the defrosters on and the car wanted to stall :cuss:

Can the compressor (or whatever it is called) seez up? I just replaced the clutch assembly about 2 months ago adn till now everything has been fine. The car seems to be fine as long as I do not use the AC or defrosters.

Any ideas/suggestiongs?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread