Burping motor

98KBCobraVert

Not a KB anymore!
Established Member
*** I looked in the How-To section and did not see anything. I swear I looked***

Ok I got the car off of the jack stands 3 weeks ago and pulled it outside to idle. Well, after 15 minutes I looked outside and I had antifreeze all over the side of the building.

Antifreeze was flying out from under the resevoir tank cap. So I bought a new STANT cap and a new 170degree thermastat..

My question is HOW do I burp the motor after I change everything out. I can only imagine that after losing so much antifreeze on the side of the building that there is a shortage in the motor..

Thx

Tunedprt91

Established Member
Google mustang or cobra coolant burp and it should pop up. On my phone so I cant type it all out in detail, im sure someone will pop in and explain.

Jonesy98

Established Member
according to the ford manual, the crossover, (highest point) should be the at its highest... fill the coolant resevoir to full. pull the cross over plug, put a funnel in the hole and fill coolant as needed from that location. as the system is relieving itself you will see bubbles. once the bubbling stops. shut off the engine and let cool down. put plug back in restart, warm up then recheck fluid level.

Users who are viewing this thread