Bushing question

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I'm in need of new front control arm bushings. According to MM's site there are two different types. My question is what kind do these cars take?

Toasty

Established Member
just buy the complete Ford Racing control arms. They are the 2003 cobra spec control arms with improved bushings and brand-new balljoints. The arms are surprisingly cheap.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Toasty said:
just buy the complete Ford Racing control arms. They are the 2003 cobra spec control arms with improved bushings and brand-new balljoints.

I have these and they are GREAT!!!! Improved my turning radius amazingly well!!! They will probably go up for sale this summer when I get my MM Max. Grip package. Probably be late summer....how soon you looking to buy Josh??

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I would like to do it soon Mike but I may have to wait. Have some other maintenance to do, really depends on the price.

Where did you get them and how much were they if you don't mind me asking?

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
CY98Cobra said:
I would like to do it soon Mike but I may have to wait. Have some other maintenance to do, really depends on the price.

Where did you get them and how much were they if you don't mind me asking?

got mine from.....5.0 Resto and they cost about $160.

Course I'd only charge ya about $100 plus shipping since they are used. They probably have less than 500 miles on them though. :thumbsup:

97cobraheaven

Established Member
i have some energy suspension A-arm bushings that are just sitting here. i think i paid $60. i would do $50 shipped. i will post up some pics tomorrow if you would like CY.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
I'm in need of new front control arm bushings. According to MM's site there are two different types. My question is what kind do these cars take?

Just like MM site says, Ford used two different types. Check to see what type you have by seeing if the bushing is seperate from the control arm or not. Should be a little metal lip that can be pryed up if you have hydrobushings.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Booyah said:
Just like MM site says, Ford used two different types. Check to see what type you have by seeing if the bushing is seperate from the control arm or not. Should be a little metal lip that can be pryed up if you have hydrobushings.

I tried that but really couldn't tell.

But I like the idea of the 03 Cobra arms. New balljoints, improved design and new bushings is tough to beat.

Let me know when you want to sell Mike, I'll definitely take them.

Users who are viewing this thread