Bushings, Springs, Plates - Almost Nirvana

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
Just had MM IRS bushings, Steeda differential bushings, Eibach Pro-Kit springs and MM caster camber plates installed along with a four wheel alignment and the difference is night and day. Went on a cruise to about 120 and instead of the stock feel of the car getting light, it felt like it hunkered down on the road. Handling is much more responsive, and the back end does not come out in the corners now like it used to on every cloverleaf entrance or exit. Haven't tried a strong launch to check the hop, but that's next. Highly recommended for anyone not wanting to go for the expense of a complete coil over. You won't be disappointed.

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
NC...if I recall ...you are a corner carver. I've been advised that the poly IRS bushings are great for controlling wheel hop when in a drag situation and very costly for corner carvers with little improvement. Your thought or experience? I've got an appt. next week for the MM CC plates, coil overs and IRS bushings. 6 hours labor on bushings at $70 per hour. Yipes!! I've got KB Extreme subs and STB on now and very very pleased. Got the 4 corner lazer alignment sched same time.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by BALDSNAKE
I've been advised that the poly IRS bushings are great for controlling wheel hop when in a drag situation and very costly for corner carvers with little improvement.

That is completely incorrect. The assembly bushings are one of the most significant upgrade to our platform and are required for corner-carving or drag racing. There are two solutions to this situation at this time which are the Maximum Motorsports Polyurethane and SHM aluminum replacement bushings.

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
That is completely incorrect. The assembly bushings are one of the most significant upgrade to our platform and are required for corner-carving or drag racing. There are two solutions to this situation at this time which are the Maximum Motorsports Polyurethane and SHM aluminum replacement bushings.

Ditto- In fact due to some rear-end work the dealership put the stock bushings back in. I would rather do without the pulley than to have the rear of the car feel like jello in the corners. ;-)

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
Originally posted by Black306
Sounds exactly like what I want to do to my Cobra. Do you have any pictures of your car with the springs installed?

I haven't taken any photos yet, but I will try to do so this weekend and post them.

I also agree with the others that the bushings have substantially improved stability in cornering. Before the bushings the back end would come out on turns when you accelerated, now the back stays very tight in the turn. I highly recommend these mods.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I installed the bushings and noticed a big increase in how the car handles. The car feels more solid and doesn't get "squirrely" when cornered hard. On another note, it feels easier to whip the tail around due to the rear feeling more "connected"/solid. :D

Users who are viewing this thread