Butler's Tire Service

DonkeyTuna

Idn't dat sump'n!
Established Member
An update on my experience with tires on the Termy:

I spoke with Don Butler Sr today. I told him one of the tires his shop installed went flat and that I couldn't find any nails, screws or penetrations in the tire. So its either got to be a bad tire or a bad tire install. How is one to know which of these diagnoses is correct? Should I send the rim and tire to an NTSB Forensics lab? Should Butler Tire Service make the determination?

Apparently he was aware of my previous thread regarding my experience with Butler Tire Service so to whomever is reading this and reporting to Butler's I made it a point to edit my previous thread.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395014

It isn't right for me to post publicly my opinion and for that I do apologize. However, I will stick to the facts and let the community decide its own opinion.
Long story short, I am trying to allow a chance to make things right. Butler Tire Service has ordered a new tire and indicated their intention to mount the new tire free of charge. I would however need to buy the tire.

What do my MACA brothers recommend I do?

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Wow. You know how I feel about this Mike, but I have NO problem stating my opinion of this place here or on any other forum. So, let me get this straight.....

- They installed 4 tires, then proceeded to pummel the entire driver side of your car.

- They actually CHARGED you for the tire install.

- They gave you their MECHANICS insurance instead of handling it through the shops insurance.

- They now want to charge you for the tire that likely went flat because it was installed wrong in the first place.

Oh, but at least they are willing to eat the whopping cost of ONE tire mount?????

I don't need to post any negative comments about this place now do I? The story speaks for itself..........

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
Yeah shops generally charge between $12-$18 to mount and balance a tire. You have every right to state your opinion on here especially if you have prior experience with them. With all the shit they've put you through they need to be kissing ass.Good luck buddy. BTW what brand tire was it? Some brands will warranty their tire especially with such low miles and no puncture and what not.

Last edited:

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
Don't be afraid to post your bullshit experience with said tire shop on the most anal and serious car community out there - if they don't take care of your car the right way we want to know so it doesn't happen to any of us! I tend to find that tire companies are 100,000X harder to trust than any joe-blow mechanic. (Take Merchants for example)

I hope you get everything taken care of.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Dear Mr Don Butler Sr.

If you are reading this thread and are a concientious and moral person, you need to take the following actions:

1) Refund Mr. Mike Altuner the sum of $70 for the tire install work you performed on his 2003 Mustang Cobra on the day that one of your employees smashed in his driver's side door.

2) Take every step necessary to assist in the repair of the damage to Mr. Mike Altuner's 2003 Cobra and assume any and all costs associated with this repair.

3) Purchase and install a brand new tire at no cost to Mr Altuner to replace the tire that is defective from the factory or that was damaged on install.

If these actions are taken, you have an opportunity to redeem your reputation as a good and honest person and there would be a chance that those affiliated with the Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association may someday in the future do buisiness with your company. If not......

TRBO VNM

IronTerp said:
Dear Mr Don Butler Sr.

If you are reading this thread and are a concientious and moral person, you need to take the following actions:

1) Refund Mr. Mike Altuner the sum of $70 for the tire install work you performed on his 2003 Mustang Cobra on the day that one of your employees smashed in his driver's side door.

2) Take every step necessary to assist in the repair of the damage to Mr. Mike Altuner's 2003 Cobra and assume any and all costs associated with this repair.

3) Purchase and install a brand new tire at no cost to Mr Altuner to replace the tire that is defective from the factory or that was damaged on install.

If these actions are taken, you have an opportunity to redeem your reputation as a good and honest person and there would be a chance that those affiliated with the Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association may someday in the future do buisiness with your company. If not......

+1

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Mike

After all that has gone on with your Cobra and now this, I would be demanding top notch customer service. I would also call the Better Business Bureau and file a formal complaint. The Better Business Bureau will be glad to help! Check out the link - www.baltimore.bbb.org/whatwedo.html

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
Just doesn't seem worth it to me for that business to take the route they are and make themselves look bad by doing wrong by you, giving you the run around, and now potentially lose a large amount of future business through word of mouth rather than being stand up about the whole ordeal and making right on their actions. :nonono:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
DonkeyTuna said:
An update on my experience with tires on the Termy:

I spoke with Don Butler Sr today. I told him one of the tires his shop installed went flat and that I couldn't find any nails, screws or penetrations in the tire. So its either got to be a bad tire or a bad tire install. How is one to know which of these diagnoses is correct? Should I send the rim and tire to an NTSB Forensics lab? Should Butler Tire Service make the determination?

Apparently he was aware of my previous thread regarding my experience with Butler Tire Service so to whomever is reading this and reporting to Butler's I made it a point to edit my previous thread.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395014

It isn't right for me to post publicly my opinion and for that I do apologize. However, I will stick to the facts and let the community decide its own opinion.
Long story short, I am trying to allow a chance to make things right. Butler Tire Service has ordered a new tire and indicated their intention to mount the new tire free of charge. I would however need to buy the tire.

What do my MACA brothers recommend I do?

Hey Mike,

I deal with Butler on a daily commercial truck tire basis and I asked them to do the right thing for you on your car when it was hit. I deal with Jeff, the step son that actually manages most of the business. He knows of our club and just sold a Mach 1. I explained the bad image this situation would give their business. I'm not sure what old man Butler said to you, but I tried to use my influence to persuade them to handle your damage. I had not spoke to them about your recent tire issue, but on your body damage.

Give me a shout and I'll fill ya in on anything I can,

J.R. 301.748.7038 cell

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Dear Mr Don Butler Sr.

+1

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
They've got a whole lot more to fix than your flat. Dwight's got it just right. They need to repair their reputation with this community desperately. They should be thrilled that you would even consider helping them accomplish that, after everything you've been through.

As I've seen on here plenty of times...every company makes mistakes, but that doesn't necessarily make them a bad company. It's how they deal with those mistakes that separates the good from the bad. I didn't see one redeeming action in Scott's post, and it seems to me that he's got the facts right on.

C'mon Butler, your reputation hangs in the balance. Ripping into customers for giving you bad reports in a public forum is not the way to stop them. You might want to try good and faircustomer service this time.

Users who are viewing this thread