Buyer's advise, year/miles -vs- price

Silver Bullet2

Established Member
I've been doing a lot of research and dead set now on buying a SVTF.

My question is regarding model years, been reading about many small problems with 2002 & 2003 models. Was everything fixed for 2004? Do you think a '02/'03 could have these common problems still or would have surfaced and been repaired already.

Also is there a worry point regarding miles on these engines if properly cared for. Price difference between a 2002 with 90,000 miles and a 2004 with 40,000 miles is $4,000 or more. Money well spent?

I know this is a very subjective opinion but wanted to get some owner experience/inputs. Knowing what you know now about your car what would you do?

Hotrod Tommy

SVT Poster
Established Member
Not all of them have problems. But keep in mind it is a used car. I'd bet you'd probably see more issues with the 90K car, just because of the amount of wear-and-tear. I believe by '04, Ford had addressed some of the issues of the '02, but I'm not certain (but at least you'd get a painted rear trim-piece and HID option!). Mine has been great with only a couple minor issues, as expected of any car, but as a Ford, any repairs will be cheaper overall than any SVTF competitor!

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
these are great cars... DON'T SETTLE!!! try and find as new and as low mileage as possible... they are out there.... look the car over well, test drive it, if you're not satisfied move on... to spend a little extra in the beginning will save you more in the long run...

Users who are viewing this thread