buying a '98 cobra vert

bft

Established Member
Hey guys, well I might be buying a '98 cobra vert that has about 32k on it and is showroom condition. That is if I don't buy a house first. If I do get it, what would you guys mod first. I don't want to go to super crazy but I would like it to be a bit faster. Hopefully, I can learn from others mistakes and not buy anything I don't need.

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
Welcome! Like what Tabres said...MGW shifter also get MM full length sub-frame connectors, cai, lowering springs, 4.10 gears, x-pipe and cat-back.

Last edited:

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
cobra4v said:
Welcome! Like what Tabres said...MGW shifter also get MM full length sub-frame connectors, cai, lowering springs, 4.10 gears, x-pipe and cat-back.

like he said but i would go h pipe insted of x imo. like the way the h sounds good luck :thumbsup:

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I would skip the shifter for now and go with a catback and CAI. Those two together will open up about 20HP to the rear wheels. I do agree that subframes oughta be another quick upgrade too, especially since it's a convertible.

SNAKEYE

Established Member
bft said:
Hey guys, well I might be buying a '98 cobra vert that has about 32k on it and is showroom condition. That is if I don't buy a house first. If I do get it, what would you guys mod first. I don't want to go to super crazy but I would like it to be a bit faster. Hopefully, I can learn from others mistakes and not buy anything I don't need.
You almost sound like a certain TV commercial where the guy buys a $6400 dinette set instead of a motorcycle.
A shifter and 4.10 gears will get you going.

Users who are viewing this thread