Buying a car with Rebuilt Title

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
What do you guys know about buying a car with a rebuilt title? I found someone selling a 2002 GTS viper for $30k, but with a rebuilt title. Car has 22k miles. Normally I would expect the car to sell for ~$45k-$55k, so it kind of seems like a decent deal. Guy says it was almost all fiberglass damage, which was expensive enough to call the car a total loss.

Sweetstangchic

V8 Girl
Established Member
My car was salvaged and rebuilt. Normally there is an inspection at your local DMV dealer. Make sure the car's frame isnt bent and the car is safe to drive.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
Actually, I could pay cash, but would rather finance just to have the cash on hand in-case I need it. My research tells me that banks don't loan money on salvage cars, but credit unions often will. I guess I would just have to look a bit longer. Supposedly Capital One will finance salvage titles.

http://www.salvagetitlecars.net/5.html

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Kilgore Trout said:
Banks do not loan money to buy cars with salvage titles, are you prepared to pay cash?
BS, I've had way to many and all were through banks.

And FWIW, if I could look the car over good for that price I'd probably buy it.

All mine were fixed by the same person and/or myself. I know his work. But dealing with them enough you get to know what to look for.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread