Buying a used Shelby

nyjetsfan4lif3

Established Member

FordGT08

Established Member
Great buy imo. Love the color combo. Yes you will be able to buy another handheld tuner but you'll need to pay for a tune because you can't use the current tune on the car with the new handheld.

Also, I'd check to see if it has a 10% or 15% crank pulley. Everyone with an 07 HAVE to change it out.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
That looks like the original JLT 110mm CAI, Metco pulley and aux idler, and tune kit installed. Had the same kit on my car in 2008 with the upgraded heat shield. If it is a 2.6" pulley (2.8" optional) and SCT tune with X3 handheld tuner, it will run pretty strong and will be a handful with the stock suspension.

Check the clutch for slippage by flooring it in 4th gear at or above 55mph. If the clutch is weak, rpms will go up but your speed won't. If it holds through 4000-5000 rpm, you should be fine and you'll be doing 100+ at that point.

I would be interested in knowing if it stayed nearly stock or was returned to nearly stock to sell. Look for obvious tool marks/scratches around the supercharger. If the hardware looks original and untouched, you are probably ok.

Last edited:

C.Stanley

Infidel
Established Member
Looks and sounds to be in pretty good condition. Take your time as said above and look for the obvious scratches and marks for parts changing.

Speedboosted

Established Member
Wow, great deal IMO. Check the pedals and shifter for weird wear or marks as well...you can usually tell a lot about a car by how those look.

nyjetsfan4lif3

Established Member
The car was very clean. Apparently the original owner bought the car and had it serviced there regularly and just recently passed and his son sold it to the dealership. They said they just put a new clutch and tires on it. Also swapped the 3.73s it had back to 3.31s. They said the tune was purchased from lethal. I couldn't tell if it had a OD pully not to familiar with those. Only thing I found weird was the valve covers were pretty scratch up on both sides . I didn't see any unusual marks on the blower or anything. It had some steeda suspension parts. I took it for a pretty lengthy test drive. I did what an above poster said and punched it in fourth at 55 with no problems at all. The car drove perfectly made my pulled 03 seem slow from what I remember. I didn't buy the car I was a little more under on my car then I thought and it was going to cost a bit more then I thought

Users who are viewing this thread