Buying new tires. Have some ?'s....

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
My BFG DR's are now toast. My buddy informed me lastnight that the belt was starting to show while he was following me lastnight.

I want to go with the 315/35 BFG's. I know there are some fitment issues and I've read alot of stuff on here, but it seems everyones Cobra is a tad different for some odd reason.

Now that I need tires and the chrome 10.5" replica's are now available once again I plan on getting those as well. Some of the things I've read is that you have a better chance with the BFG's if the car is lowered. If that is the case I'll be ordering some H&R race springs as well.

Can you run this setup (10.5" replica's and 315 BFG's) without a spacer or extended studs? I'm not really all that crazy about either. I don't want the wheels sticking out past the fenders. I want them tucked in and almost even with the fenders. If I do need a spacer, which one would get me that look without having ot buy extended studs?

I'm to the point where I'm tired of looking and reading all this stuff. It just seems that everyone runs something different and has different outcomes. I would REALLY like to get it done right the first time.

Thanks for the help. :thumbsup:

04cobra408

NorCal SVTOA
Established Member
Im running the 315 nitto dr's and have no problems what so ever but they run small compared to the bfg's, but my nitto's are just bout toast. I'm also wondering the the same thing as you since i was thinkin about the mickey thompson 315's....

oh i am already running the mm low profile irs bolt.

Last edited:

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
Are all the stock 10.5 03-04 Cobra wheels have the same back spacing and offset? I looked on Lethal's site and Amercan Muscle and on Amercian Muscle it says the wheels WILL NOT fit 99+ Cobra's. I'm taking this just means its not a direct bolt on (spacers or extended studs) on other GT models and such?:shrug:

THanks for the help fellas....:thumbsup:

astippich

Established Member
The 17x10.5 bullits I have needed a slight bit of grinding on the car to fit.

heywaitfourme

Established Member
The nitto 315's are a tad larger than the m/t 275's. I just put them on my car from the M/T's. I would run a spacer if I were to run 315's in either the m/t or bfg tires, as well as the mm irs bolt. Backspacing can vary, but I have not been able to find one with the correct backspacing to run on the IRS of our cars and NOT need either a spacer or to shave the IRS bolt, so I'm going to get some prostars for the rear when I'm at the track and just run the stock 9" wheel on the street.

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
I plan on shaving the IRS bolt. Do you think I should run a spacer as well? If so, what spacer can I run that won't push the rims out too far and can still use the stock studs? Or is it even possible to use stock studs with any size spacer?:shrug:

Thanks again....:beer:

heywaitfourme

Established Member
I didn't shave my IRS bolt, didn't put a different one in, and I have no spacers on my 315 nittos and they are fine. I imagine a 3/8" space would be optimal, but you may be able to get away with a 1/8". I've never dealt with spacers before, but I don't think you will run into a problem with studs until the 3/8" mark.

On my quad, when I put on my new wheels and tires, they were significatly larger (1/4" thickness) and I just put them on, not worrying bout studs. I haven't had a problem with it in 250 miles. I know your saying, it's a quad...it's a 650lbs 4x4 with 28's that on a regular basis has all 4 wheels 1-3' off the ground, and swamped in mud, so they take some serious abuse.

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
Well the 315's will be here on Friday and the 10.5" chromies will be here on Monday. I talked to Lethal Perfomance and they told me that if I lower my car I will be a 3/8 spacer. From what he told me was that the spacer kit comes with everything you need as far as extended studs, spacer, and lugnuts.

I'll be ordering my spacers and H&R race springs next week.:thumbsup:

juiced414

Established Member
Where did you buy the 10.5 chrome replica rims from and what brand are they? I've been wanting to buy them but everybody says there out of stock.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
new2BIGPAR said:
Well the 315's will be here on Friday and the 10.5" chromies will be here on Monday. I talked to Lethal Perfomance and they told me that if I lower my car I will be a 3/8 spacer. From what he told me was that the spacer kit comes with everything you need as far as extended studs, spacer, and lugnuts.

I'll be ordering my spacers and H&R race springs next week.:thumbsup:
Where are you getting this spacer kit from?

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
juiced414 said:
Where did you buy the 10.5 chrome replica rims from and what brand are they? I've been wanting to buy them but everybody says there out of stock.

American Muscle has them in stock. When I ordered mine, they had like 120 of them left. I think they've had them for about a week now. I'm not sure on the brand (didn't know there were others besides AFS so I assumed these were AFS) but on thier site it says they have the same back spacing as the ones Lethal has, but for some reason Lethal doesn't have them in stock.:shrug:

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
Todd03Blown said:
Where are you getting this spacer kit from?

I talked to Lethal about the spacer kit so I guess from what he told me is that the spacer kits they have are what he told me about. :shrug:

juiced414

Established Member
Those wheels you bought are made by a company called VERDE. I've never heard of them. Does anyone have any info on this manufacturer? Are they just as good as afs?

Geno-04

Established Member
I got a set of the 10.5's from American Muscle and with the 315 nitto DR's there is still room. The irs bolt is rite around the lip of the rim. If I lower the car wouldn't it bring the irs bolt lower and farther away from the tire?

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
juiced414 said:
Those wheels you bought are made by a company called VERDE. I've never heard of them. Does anyone have any info on this manufacturer? Are they just as good as afs?

I didn't realize there were other companies that made those replicas. They are all priced about the same and I've grown tired of waiting for these damn things to come off of national back order. For a bit over $300 and free shipping, I'll try them. I do know they have the same back spacing though.

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
Geno-04 said:
I got a set of the 10.5's from American Muscle and with the 315 nitto DR's there is still room. The irs bolt is rite around the lip of the rim. If I lower the car wouldn't it bring the irs bolt lower and farther away from the tire?

I don't think you'll have a issue either way sitting stock or being lowered. The Nitto's aren't as wide as the BFG 315's. The Nittos are more of a 295 from what I've seen.

If you lower the car, I would think it would bring the IRS bolt higher, not lower. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.:shrug:

I got my tires today and TireRack sent me 275/40's by accident.:cuss: Not that big of a deal though cause the wheels aren't here yet and I want to have it lowered and the spacers as well. Do it all at one time.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread