buying terminator

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
ok guys, heres the deal i have been looking at a 03 cobra at a local dealership and have already driven it and looked it over good. i have already been approved by the bank for financing the car for the price listed. i am just wondering your thoughts of the price based on the mileage and the carfax. the car was hit lightly in the passenger rear quarter and was scraped lightly on the door. it was fixed and the color matches nice but the paint has some imperfections almost like it was a quick maaco job but its not too bad. the rest of the car has the original paint. here is the car Veracka Motors| Vehicle Profile

and here is the carfax CARFAX Vehicle History Report on 1FAFP48Y43F403994

seems to me that the 1st owner wasnt happy with the way it came back from the bodyshop or maybe he was just pissed it got hit in general so he sold it 8 days after the accident happened. other than that the car is clean with just normal wear and tear. i am trading in my gt and putting down cash as well. i just think the price is high given the fact its had a minor accident and it is not low mileage but its a dealership we're talking about here too :shrug:

BOTTOM LINE IS I AM GOING BACK TOMORROW WITH THE TITLE TO MY GT AND CASH AND IF I CAN GET THE PRICE DOWN ON IT I AM DRIVING IT HOME. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME OPINIONS ON A GOOD PRICE. THANKS :beer:

.........ALSO, THIS DEALERSHIP HAS A DECENT REP. FOR SELLING COBRAS AND LIGHTNINGS AND A COUPLE OF MY BUDDIES THAT BOUGHT FROM THERE WERE HAPPY OVERALL.

Last edited:

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
a little steep what mods are there? I see a small pulley and 90 or 100mm idlers. and cold air.

has a cai, pulley (not sure what size), tune, magnaflow catback, possibly a high flow catted midpipe (was hard to see under there) brand new nittos all the way around 275/40/17 front 315/35/17 rear and brand new full size chrome cobra spare with 275/40/17 nitto.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Buy in haste, repent at leisure.

I'd pass on that one. :bored:

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
problem is i already talked with a few banks and i wont be able to get a personal loan for that much for a few years. and i only have 5 years of job security. so if i am going to buy one of these cars i need to buy one this year and no later. it will have to be financed through a dealership since i cant get a personal loan anytime soon. i dont see these cars popping up anywhere at dealerships. i only see private sales.

if i could get the price to maybe $20k do you think it would be a decent buy? i know private sellers have them for a few thousand less but like i said i cant so........

Last edited:

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
Definitely priced way to high. I'd say maybe $17,500 out the door. Minor mods like that don't add value, especially at the dealership, not to mention the prior accident. I say pass on it. The only thing it has going for it is the color, and even that is flawed

-Eric

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
problem is i already talked with a few banks and i wont be able to get a personal loan for that much for a few years. and i only have 5 years of job security. so if i am going to buy one of these cars i need to buy one this year and no later. it will have to be financed through a dealership since i cant get a personal loan anytime soon. i dont see these cars popping up anywhere at dealerships. i only see private sales.

You must not be lookin' too hard ----> Hi-End Auto

Indecisive

Established Member
I just bought a 03 here in florida for $16,500.Car has cai,pulley,Idler,tune(with diablo tuner),exhaust and some other misc stuff and 55k on it.I know your in Mass(I"m from there to)But the price is high.They have room to work.The dealer wanted $18k for the one I got and I got them down alittle to $16,500.So they will come down for a sale.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
you might want to take a look at this thread:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/new-england-158/641570-veracka-motors.html

I also have to ask how old you are. to have 5 years of steady work and a bank telling you that you won't be able to afford a car like this for at least 5 years so it is now or wait? or is that the dealership telling you that? NEVER EVER get a car loan from a used car dealership unless you HAVE to have transportation and you have no other options. Doing what you are thinking about simply because you are in a hurry to get into a cobra, you will wind up regretting your decision.

Last edited:

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
you might want to take a look at this thread:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/new-england-158/641570-veracka-motors.html

I also have to ask how old you are. to have 5 years of steady work and a bank telling you that you won't be able to afford a car like this for at least 5 years so it is now or wait? or is that the dealership telling you that? NEVER EVER get a car loan from a used car dealership unless you HAVE to have transportation and you have no other options. Doing what you are thinking about simply because you are in a hurry to get into a cobra, you will wind up regretting your decision.

20 years old. been at my job for 1 year now. only had a credit card for 6 months because i'm a cash guy. i make decent money for my age which is why i can't believe i would have a hard time getting a loan. and yes i was told by banks that i would have a hard time getting a high dollar personal loan right now even with a cosigner because i haven't established enough credit. they want to see a few years of good credit and atleast 2 years at a job. but as soon as my work's contract runs out in 5 years i could lose my job. so if i wait until the last minute to buy one i would have to pay it off fast which = about $600 car payments or more every month. im basically running out of time. what if the gas price goes up to $10 and i can NEVER afford a cobra. i'd rather have one for a few years than never at all. i may pass on this one but i need to find one this year at a dealership in sonic blue or dsg.

Spoolx

Established Member
If your looking for us to convince u its a good idea its not gonna happen, although it sounds like you have your mind made up.

mysterio

Established Member
Not sure about up there, but here in VA those used car lots that finance often used a 3rd party for that, and the interest rates tend to be brutal. Be sure to look into that, including the fine print.

You don't want to be so far upside down that you have no options at all.

Spoolx

Established Member
20 years old. been at my job for 1 year now. only had a credit card for 6 months because i'm a cash guy. i make decent money for my age which is why i can't believe i would have a hard time getting a loan. and yes i was told by banks that i would have a hard time getting a high dollar personal loan right now even with a cosigner because i haven't established enough credit. they want to see a few years of good credit and atleast 2 years at a job. but as soon as my work's contract runs out in 5 years i could lose my job. so if i wait until the last minute to buy one i would have to pay it off fast which = about $600 car payments or more every month. im basically running out of time. what if the gas price goes up to $10 and i can NEVER afford a cobra. i'd rather have one for a few years than never at all. i may pass on this one but i need to find one this year at a dealership in sonic blue or dsg.

Would you loan someone 20k with no credit? I mean really your a liability to them, especially with no collateral.

Users who are viewing this thread