Bye SoCal! Moving to the free state of Arizona!

Blown 89

Established Member
i have been stuck in phoenix traffic jams though. just like any other big city. where there's lot of people, there's lots of traffic.
It depends on where you are. There are three bottle necks for traffic in the valley: the 60, the 10 toward Chandler, and the 17. Outside of that traffic really isn't that bad. The East valley and the 17 basically. The 101, 202 and 51 are all fairly light.

No long tubes or replacements cats in ca.

In az you can run long tubes and modified cats. Might even be able to run no cats.
You can run no cats. Last year they changed something with emission that caught all of the Mustang owners off guard, I don't remember how they did it but it had something to do with turning off the rear 02 sensors. I think most tuners know how to get around it. I had long tubes and no cats on the Cobra and passed last summer. I just had to have the chip reprogrammed to get around the new standards. You can buy 5 year tags so it's not like you have to deal with it often. Registration fees are a God damn joke though.

nxhappy

Established Member
It depends on where you are. There are three bottle necks for traffic in the valley: the 60, the 10 toward Chandler, and the 17. Outside of that traffic really isn't that bad. The East valley and the 17 basically. The 101, 202 and 51 are all fairly light.

You can run no cats. Last year they changed something with emission that caught all of the Mustang owners off guard, I don't remember how they did it but it had something to do with turning off the rear 02 sensors. I think most tuners know how to get around it. I had long tubes and no cats on the Cobra and passed last summer. I just had to have the chip reprogrammed to get around the new standards. You can buy 5 year tags so it's not like you have to deal with it often. Registration fees are a God damn joke though.
5 year tags? that's awesome. We pay every year, and CA raises it every ****ing year. My truck was $500 to renew for the year.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
5 year tags? that's awesome. We pay every year, and CA raises it every ****ing year. My truck was $500 to renew for the year.

New-ish cars are brutal in registration here. I spend probably $600 a year for all 3 of our cars now that none of them are new.

nxhappy

Established Member
New-ish cars are brutal in registration here. I spend probably $600 a year for all 3 of our cars now that none of them are new.
I know, it's ****ing retarded. So much wasted money !

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I know, it's ****ing retarded. So much wasted money !

Our explorer is only even remotely "reasonable" because we bought it used. Its a 2013. Hell, I think my '01 bullitt still costs over 100 a year.

Blown 89

Established Member
The first year I registered the CTS-V it was a four figure registration. That's for a used car that was 4 years old. It will be a $900 renewal this year. It's absurd.

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
Wow those are some retarded registration fees. Should move to Arkansas. No inspection and registration is dirt cheap

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Just checked my GT500 AZ registration amount and if i register it when i get there, its literally $100 less than what i paid this year in CA. I just paid my registration in Nov in CA for $367 so AZ will have to wait till next year to get theirs.

I certainly appreciate all the advice so far! Will definitely be looking for a ceap place to rent, probably a room in a house with someone.

Ive got a motorcycle as my daily form of transportation so im not too worried as they get carpool access. Does anyone know how anal the AZ cops are about lane splitting? I know its not legal there but is it something they get a hard on to enforce or do they not care unless its obviously unsafe?

Oh my stars, i had no idea that OBD2 cars are scan only! Lol no visual check of the car either? I dont have an issue if i get long tubes and have a dedicated emmissions h pipe with the factory cats welded in. But damn if guys are passing with long tubes and no cats Im in love already

Last edited:

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
The summers are warm, but its 4 months of that, and 10 months of perfect weather, don't let the sallys let you down. We lived in E valley for a few years, just moved out further west, in Buckeye, it's awesome. Welcome to AZ! enjoy man

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I had friends that lived in Litchfield Park, and some friends that live in Scottsdale. Im used to a 35 miles commute each way currently so im not too concerned with living on the outskirts. Well, temporarily at least!

I really missed the Arizona monsoons, and the thunder and lighting too.

Stanger00

Established Member
Nice!

I used to live in Surprise when I was stationed at Luke AFB from 09-10 been in CA ever since and one day the wife and I will vacate to a better place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Project67

If you anybody gets a chance go visit Sedona area and Jerome. If there is no traffic, it makes for a nice fun drive.

Users who are viewing this thread