bypass valve chatter

frankt99cobra

whoha
Established Member
Just recently heard my bypass valve chattering, all hoses are fine, what should i replace it with , setup is listed in sig........ right now it is a black colored procharger unit

JGIPSON

Established Member
Compressor surge

It sounds like the diaphram in the bypass is going bad causing the butterfly valve to partially close when its supposed to be fully open. I have a few diaphrams left or I could sell you a new valve for a discount. Call me if you would like,
Procharger
913-338-2886 ext 242

John

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I'm guessing you have a stock style draw through setup, so I'd say you should go with the Vortech Mini-race bypass valve.

Erich

Established Member
vortech mini race cured the compressor surge on my D1 (vs the proflow bypass)
Erich

harvboi05

Established Member
vortech mini race cured the compressor surge on my D1 (vs the proflow bypass)
Erich

x2.

i was gunna ask the OP if it was surge or an actual part malfunction. im leaning towards surge.

JGIPSON

Established Member
I do have a Procharged 2V. Its a 2001 GT with a P1-SC-2 draw through system with the new Procharger 2010 Camaro Race intercooler, 8-rib drive w/3.7" carbinite pulley making 13psi on E85. It has a 4R70W with a 4200rpm stall and it runs mid 11's on 315 MT's. I may not remember you exactly becuase I talk to over 200 people a week. But feel free to call or pm me with questions.
Hijacking, but do you own a Procharged 2V? I may have spoken to you before about my belt chirp.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
I do have a Procharged 2V. Its a 2001 GT with a P1-SC-2 draw through system with the new Procharger 2010 Camaro Race intercooler, 8-rib drive w/3.7" carbinite pulley making 13psi on E85. It has a 4R70W with a 4200rpm stall and it runs mid 11's on 315 MT's. I may not remember you exactly becuase I talk to over 200 people a week. But feel free to call or pm me with questions.

Yep, that was you. I understand you wouldn't remember me, but nice to see you are on SVTP. Thanks for the knowledge and assistance. :beer:

blazen71

Midnight Marauder
Established Member
Reviving an old thread....I have a D1SC on my Marauder with a draw thru set-up. Recently I noticed that if I'm in OD going 80mph and turn OD off the rpm's go to about 4000 and I can hear the bypass valve "surging" like it does after WOT. I don't ever remember that happening before. I wonder if I have the same problem as the OP. Also, while cruising in OD my car is surging, shuddering. Could this be a result of a bad bypass valve? Oh yeah, I'm running the black Procharger bypass valve.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread