Bypassing Supercharger

MineralGrey

Established Member
alright guys to make a long story short mt whipple snout had a defect which cause it to snap inside. I had the snout rebuilt, put a new pulley on it and belt. Well it happened again and i am broke as shit. Its an 04 cobra with a 2.3 whipple on it. Is there a way to bypass the supercharger until i have money? if so what size belt is need?

TRBO VNM

If the snout had a defect shouldnt it be covered under warranty?

This.

and if you are that broke that you can't fix it when it breaks, I would recommend selling the car, getting a beater and buy another terminator when you are better off financially.

I see too many people get into a performance car, want to mod the hell out of it, it is their daily and when it breaks, they can't afford to fix it.

If anything, sell the whipple on trade for an eaton and deal with that setup for a while.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
This.

and if you are that broke that you can't fix it when it breaks, I would recommend selling the car, getting a beater and buy another terminator when you are better off financially.

I see too many people get into a performance car, want to mod the hell out of it, it is their daily and when it breaks, they can't afford to fix it.

If anything, sell the whipple on trade for an eaton and deal with that setup for a while.

Best advice ever! It doesn't bother me much that the cobra will sit in the garage for awhile.....

speeddemon2000

Established Member
This guy over on Modularfords put his alternator on the inner belt.

This would work.

You can contact him and see what was required.

New S/C belt size 64inchs

84326d1322702229-new-s-c-belt-size-64inchs-alt-fix.jpg

Last edited:

EATONSWAPPEDDTR

Established Member
Leave the broken blower on it until you have the funds to fix it You can drive your car with no I'll affects without a blower belt and the blower not spinning. Maybe load a stock Cobra tune. To adjust for the different air/fuel.

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Blueline

Established Member
Leave the broken blower on it until you have the funds to fix it You can drive your car with no I'll affects without a blower belt and the blower not spinning. Maybe load a stock Cobra tune. To adjust for the different air/fuel.

---
- Sent from my iPhone

Really? This may work if you put a solar panel on the roof to charge the battery. If his snout is broken he cant run the blower belt which runs the alternator, not charging is an ill effect. Not only that but his car is going to run like crap trying to breath through the twin screws that aren't turning.

Last edited:

EATONSWAPPEDDTR

Established Member
Really? This may work if you put a solar panel on the roof to charge the battery. If his snout is broken he cant run the blower belt which runs the alternator, not charging is an ill effect. Not only that but his car is going to run like crap trying to breath through the twin screws that aren't turning.

Are you saying he has one belt running everything? I was assuming he had a set up with a serpentine belt and a separate blower belt.

My friend took off his blower belt (Trilogy Supercharger/Eaton) and ran his stock tune for two weeks so he could pass emissions. And it ran fine. And passed. Of course the car ran like a dead dog since it was soooo slow. But it ran and drove fine. No I'll effects. just sloooooooow.

---
- Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

Spoolx

Established Member
Are you saying he has one belt running everything? I was assuming he had a set up with a serpentine belt and a separate blower belt.

My friend took off his blower belt (Trilogy Supercharger/Eaton) and ran his stock tune for two weeks so he could pass emissions. And it ran fine. And passed. Of course the car ran like a dead dog since it was soooo slow. But it ran and drove fine. No I'll effects. just sloooooooow.

---
- Sent from my iPhone

I think what he was saying is if you dont know what youre taking about then dont post ;-)

Do some research on the cobras belt routing and you will understand

brandont70

No Money
Established Member

---
- Sent from my iPhone

Really??? Geez Dude... :shrug:

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
This.

And this is why the Mach will stay stock until the Le Mans is done lol

Sent from inside a shipping container.

Users who are viewing this thread