c-4 in the cobra.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Yes it's possible, but why not a 4r70w so you can have OD for the highway? Plus you can run a lock-up converter!

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
im probably going to go with a C4 in mine, they are cheaper, handle more power, and lighter than the 4r70's. if my car was driven alot, i would go with 4r70, but considering its driven on weekend nights only, and to and from the track, i dont need the o.d. granted, it would be nice to have a manual valve body 4r70 with a lock up, but i think the C4 will do just fine.

yes it is possible, however i dont think your speedo will work. might want to talk to some speed shops and see what they say about that. all you need is a bellhousing that goes to a mod motor like this one:
http://www.performanceautomatic.com/profitsystem.htm

carfax

Established Member
4sdvenom said:
Yes it's possible, but why not a 4r70w so you can have OD for the highway? Plus you can run a lock-up converter!

i have another for going on highways. this is more like street driving and track use.

carfax

Established Member
03InThe11s said:
im probably going to go with a C4 in mine, they are cheaper, handle more power, and lighter than the 4r70's. if my car was driven alot, i would go with 4r70, but considering its driven on weekend nights only, and to and from the track, i dont need the o.d. granted, it would be nice to have a manual valve body 4r70 with a lock up, but i think the C4 will do just fine.

yes it is possible, however i dont think your speedo will work. might want to talk to some speed shops and see what they say about that. all you need is a bellhousing that goes to a mod motor like this one:
http://www.performanceautomatic.com/profitsystem.htm

thanks.

Blown347

Established Member
i am going with a c4 also..the bell is a BIG BELL PA racing..my question is what longtubes will clear the bell and will i have to get a tubular front end??i have bbk longtubes now

Users who are viewing this thread