C-5, C U Later....

EvanStang

the "Hit Man"
Established Member
Pulled up to a light and there was a C-5 at the light, a couple of guys out trying to be cool. I really didn't want to run or instigate any trouble, but I saw them look over, so I gave them a friendly nod, but not a nod that could be mistaken like I want to street race... So I tell myself, don't get on it, but if they take off, well, they started it... so I might as well finish it.... well, sure enough, the light turns green and they gas it hard, and now I am playing catch up.... but luckily, I was ready, they only got about 1 or 2 lengths and I was hoping my excessive HP and driver mod would do the trick... as soon as I grab 2nd hard, I catch them and move on by and they got the scare of a screaming ported pullied supercharger and exhaust note. Funny thing is, at the next light, they wouldn't even come up to the side of my car, they laid back a car length, I guess maybe they didn't want to talk after they got embarrassed by a crappy little Ford Mustang Cobra:)..... I guess no Mustang can compete with the big heads of some Corvette owners....

If they would have come up to the light, I was going to ask if they wanted to try that again where I actually time my dig take off with them.... I guess they didn't want anymore of the slow Cobra....

P.S. Street racing is dumb and I was careful and we didn't run it up to triple digits.... I know I should not have ran with these monkeys, but they started it...

red9450

Established Member
I suppose I could say good kill, but we all knew what the outcome would be with a stock c5

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
I love that feeling when you whoop some arse on a fast car then they are afraid to get close to you at the next light!

Good kill!

Blue LPE Vette

Established Member
EvanStang said:
Funny thing is, at the next light, they wouldn't even come up to the side of my car, they laid back a car length, I guess maybe they didn't want to talk after they got embarrassed by a crappy little Ford Mustang Cobra:)..

Maybe the C5 driver got beat and didn't want to play anymore and were just paying respect to you and your car by hanging back.......... Great Kill.

On another note there is no such thing as a "crappy little Ford Mustang Cobra".....I'm thinking about buying one and modding the hell out of it.....Mustangs are great cars...A great American Heritage...Most Corvette owners admire Mustangs and have deep appreciation of them.

On the other hand I have very little respect for intellect of the people who would say "Hell yeah, get those dumbass corvette owners!" or people who would say that about drivers of any other well built car....As far as I am concerned that guy can go ____ himself and his dog.

Last edited:

Stangfreek

Premium Unleaded Member
Established Member
Blue LPE Vette said:
On the other hand I have very little respect for intellect of the people who would say "Hell yeah, get those dumbass corvette owners!" or people who would say that about drivers of any other well built car....As far as I am concerned that guy can go ____ himself and his dog.

Agreed. It's always amusing to me that the guys that bitch about mullet and redneck stereotypes are often the loudest ones when it comes to bashing drivers of imports, vettes, exotics, etc etc.

Last edited:

KnightHawks97

Objects N Mirror R Losing
Established Member
Blue LPE Vette said:

He was just kidding, note the "(im j/k)" in his post.
You might also want to take note of what kind of vehicle the guy drives (the guy you are quoting).

Last edited:

torchred99

Established Member
EvanStang said:
Pulled up to a light and there was a C-5 at the light, a couple of guys out trying to be cool. I really didn't want to run or instigate any trouble, but I saw them look over, so I gave them a friendly nod, but not a nod that could be mistaken like I want to street race... So I tell myself, don't get on it, but if they take off, well, they started it... so I might as well finish it.... well, sure enough, the light turns green and they gas it hard, and now I am playing catch up.... but luckily, I was ready, they only got about 1 or 2 lengths and I was hoping my excessive HP and driver mod would do the trick... as soon as I grab 2nd hard, I catch them and move on by and they got the scare of a screaming ported pullied supercharger and exhaust note. Funny thing is, at the next light, they wouldn't even come up to the side of my car, they laid back a car length, I guess maybe they didn't want to talk after they got embarrassed by a crappy little Ford Mustang Cobra:)..... I guess no Mustang can compete with the big heads of some Corvette owners....

P.S. Street racing is dumb and I was careful and we didn't run it up to triple digits.... I know I should not have ran with these monkeys, but they started it...

those young whipper snappers should have known better not to mess with the terminator..........:bowdown:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Good Kill, yeah Vette owners suck :D I think its funny when im in the Cobra and I play with a Vette and later talk to them and tell them I have a Z06 their attitude totally changes. One thing I miss about the ported eaton was how loud it was, I used to love the look on peoples faces when they would hear it.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Blue LPE Vette said:
EvanStang said:
Funny thing is, at the next light, they wouldn't even come up to the side of my car, they laid back a car length, I guess maybe they didn't want to talk after they got embarrassed by a crappy little Ford Mustang Cobra:)..

Maybe the C5 driver got beat and didn't want to play anymore and were just paying respect to you and your car by hanging back.......... Great Kill.

On another note there is no such thing as a "crappy little Ford Mustang Cobra".....I'm thinking about buying one and modding the hell out of it.....Mustangs are great cars...A great American Heritage...Most Corvette owners admire Mustangs and have deep appreciation of them.

I hope some of that wasn't aimed towards me. Did you see what I drive??? :lol:

deauxt

Established Member
hydroshutter said:
I hope some of that wasn't aimed towards me. Did you see what I drive??? :lol:
Yeah, I think that was aimed towards you, and I really don't think he noticed what your car was. I guess he knows now that you really were joking.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread