C-clip eliminators

scotsam

Established Member
Albrightsville, Pennsylvania, United States
anyone using c-clip eliminators? I was thinking of strange axles/c-clip eliminator package. I currently have moser axles and I think I have a bent one I have the dreaded rear brake squeak. I got it awhile ago and changes brakes/rotors etc. and it always comes back and now I'm getting a vib. I'm gonna put it on the rack and put a dial indicator on it to verify but it's on my last nerve so if it's an axle I was thinking of going to the strange axles.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Cant go wrong with Strange axles though here is the kicker: they rate their 31 spline axles at 500 whp and torque. I was dead set on getting them but a confirmation call revealed their rating.

If you are willing to upgrade to a 33 spline differential, now your talking some good strength.

If you are willing to go all in and upgrade to a 35 Spine Strange S-track diff rated over 1000hp with lifetime warranty and a 35 spline Strange eliminator kit you never have to worry about axles again. ^^^^^ thats where Im going eventually.

scotsam

Established Member
Albrightsville, Pennsylvania, United States
Cant go wrong with Strange axles though here is the kicker: they rate their 31 spline axles at 500 whp and torque. I was dead set on getting them but a confirmation call revealed their rating.

If you are willing to upgrade to a 33 spline differential, now your talking some good strength.

If you are willing to go all in and upgrade to a 35 Spine Strange S-track diff rated over 1000hp with lifetime warranty and a 35 spline Strange eliminator kit you never have to worry about axles again. ^^^^^ thats where Im going eventually.
That sucks. I have a trutrac so that wont be happening.

JB_2010GT500

Established Member

I did just that last year. It drives just like stock but is great for the drag strip. I think this is the strongest combo you can do for a 8.8 short of a spool...

Speedboosted

Established Member
**** C Clip eliminators. I can't get them to stop leaking. It's not a big leak, but enough to make a mess on the wheel and the backside of the rotor. If I were to do it again, I would do 33 spline with 9" ends.

JB_2010GT500

Established Member
**** C Clip eliminators. I can't get them to stop leaking. It's not a big leak, but enough to make a mess on the wheel and the backside of the rotor. If I were to do it again, I would do 33 spline with 9" ends.

Sorry Cory--I'd hoped that no news on those c-clips was good news :mad::(

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member

Is there a specific kit you would use or recommend over the c clip eliminators?

JB_2010GT500

Established Member
Is there a specific kit you would use or recommend over the c clip eliminators?

I think Bad Company posted about this a while back. I believe there is a 9" rear end kit from Moser. I have had two sets of Strange c-clip eliminators (31 and 35 spline versions) and have never had any leaks on my car. But I think I'm in the minority considering there have been several posts regarding leaky c-clip eliminators. I'd think just welding on 9" ends is the superior design from a simplicity, strength, and longevity standpoint. I didn't get too deep into my search since I'm not sure if I could get an off-the-shelf bearing set to fit my 35 spline Strange axles but I know that, as of a year ago, Strange did not offer a 9" end conversion. If and when mine start leaking I'll see if there's a way to run 9" ends with my 35 splines. Until then...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread