C&D Comparison of GT500 and C6: GT500 isn't worth it.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
jman345 said:
Is it me or does none listen to me C&D was driving a prototype dude not the production car. A mag has already got one of the prototype shelbys in the 12.2 at 117 everyone knows that a 500hp car can go faster then 12.9 like C&D said they said the bmw wieghs 100 pounds more then the shelby and got quarter mile times of 12.3 and has the same hp or less since the Shelby might be unerated in the hp like the 03 cobras so that said it should be getting between 12.1 to 12.2 in the quarter and with slicks high 11s how many times do i need to say this.

LOL.
WRONG, You have it 100% reversed. Car and Driver was testing a production car, and the other 12.2 car was tested by a Ford Magazine, and it was a prototype.

G. El Dorado

Established Member
Purvis said:
LOL.
WRONG, You have it 100% reversed. Car and Driver was testing a production car, and the other 12.2 car was tested by a Ford Magazine, and it was a prototype.

Now why would Ford test a prototype and advertise those #'s, when they had production cars available the same day for the mags to test? Could it be because the prototype had something done to it that the production cars didn't and Ford knew it would run a better time?

BLUE OVAL NUT

RAGING PONYCAR DRIVER
Established Member
IMHO the Shelby is 10 second, full weight, daily driver on pump gas with all the bolt-on's. So to all the haters- I love you guys, keep right on talking, please, and bring the price back down the MSRP for those of us who see the real potential :banana:[/QUOTE] :poke: The potential is their for low et's no problem or arguement in that area but i just wanted a little less weight to increase the performance stock. :-D

gonein60

Banned
GT500 is awesome

C&D sucks the big one, they always underestimate cobras. Wait till they hit the street, then we'll know for sure. The GT500 has a ton of potential, and with a good driver I bet you're gonna see low 12's. With gears and exhaust, I bet you see 500rwhp. Some guys picked up 30hp with an exhaust on the Terminator. IF I get lucky and can actually afford one, I'm gonna ditch that restricted ford exhaust and put a Bassani cat-back on. No need to change the X-pipe, that's factory Ford this time.

Buy the car and slap on an exhaust and gears, you'll be in the 11's, guaranteed. :coolman:

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
gonein60 said:
C&D sucks the big one, they always underestimate cobras. :

What are you talking about that C&D underestimates Cobras? They have given some of the most glowing reviews of Cobras in the past..
93, 94, 96, 99, 03.. They all got grerat reviews..
I know, because I save all the Cobra reviews!

They went 12.9 with a 2003 Cobra :shrug:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I think people are forgeting that the vette a year from now will fetch closer to MSRP that the GT500 will. I bet the GT500 can be had for 36k in a year.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
PowerWheels said:
I think people are forgeting that the vette a year from now will fetch closer to MSRP that the GT500 will. I bet the GT500 can be had for 36k in a year.

Good point! I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread