C&D Comparison of GT500 and C6: GT500 isn't worth it.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Well, according to C&D, the new GT500 is just barely faster than the Cobra, even with all this launch control BS, and to top it all off, it costs almost 42k, which is nearly as much as the C6. Of course, the C6 handily beat the GT500 in every category, even in acceleration. WTF is Ford thinking?

UCBeau

I don't need C&D to tell me that the GT500 is a waste of money. I'll take a C6 any day of the week over one of those bloated pieces of crap.

BetterthanU

Banned
better watch out SD, you're gonna get called a mag racer playa hata in about two seconds...... ;-)

No one should need these mags to be able to see that a 4,000 lb mustang is not a good platform......they just further confirm it. Anyone who thinks otherwise about this pig is kidding themselves.

UCBeau

they can call me whatever they want, all i know is that i sold my spot on a dealer waiting list and made money

BooRail85

Banned
gotta remember.. this car is appealing to older folks with money. someone who wants the name and some power. Not to the average person who can actually afford it and mod it (like a terminator, mach, etc) ...

Totally different style of car than the C6, but great none the less. I really like them, and would buy one if I could afford it. And DEFINITELY take on over a C6.. but not a C6 Z06.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
I think regardless of price....they should have compared the GT500 to the Z06...it should be top dog vs top dog..regardless of price and whatnot..of course someone while chime in and say..the Mustang is an everyday car and whatever but then why would the put it against the C6 to begin with. Aso..i doutb youll be able to touch a new gt500 for under 50K. they are gonna be to limited to not get the limited availabilty "extra!"

And in defense of the Mustang..isnt C&D the mag that ran an 04 Cobra at like 13.1...and we all know there faster than that!

LT1KILLER

dirt man
Established Member
dude if it couldn't even hang with a regular C6 then there is no point to run it against the big dog.

sunburst six

Established Member
4u 2 nv said:
I think regardless of price....they should have compared the GT500 to the Z06...it should be top dog vs top dog..regardless of price and whatnot..of course someone while chime in and say..the Mustang is an everyday car and whatever but then why would the put it against the C6 to begin with. Aso..i doutb youll be able to touch a new gt500 for under 50K. they are gonna be to limited to not get the limited availabilty "extra!"

And in defense of the Mustang..isnt C&D the mag that ran an 04 Cobra at like 13.1...and we all know there faster than that!

? :dw: ?

No.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
T-Bolt said:
Well, according to C&D, the new GT500 is just barely faster than the Cobra, even with all this launch control BS, and to top it all off, it costs almost 42k, which is nearly as much as the C6. Of course, the C6 handily beat the GT500 in every category, even in acceleration. WTF is Ford thinking?

MOVED :wf: TRY AND USE THE RIGHT FORUMS :poke:

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
LT1KILLER said:
dude if it couldn't even hang with a regular C6 then there is no point to run it against the big dog.

im kinda simply going of the fact that it is rated at 500HP..100 more than the 6...but like i said i think with a professional driver or simply better conditions there is no reason that car, if its making that kinda power, shouldnt be running at least 12.40's if not faster. and yes i do realize that the car is approaching 3900 pounds. with 12.40s in mind..its much faster than the C6. of course im sure ill get flamed for having an opinion on something....(flame suit on)

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
LL, how is this the right forum for all this poop? All this forum is is arguing. At least add a subforum specifically for bitching becuase it really turns those who like the car off big time.

jman345

Banned
Is it me or does none listen to me C&D was driving a prototype dude not the production car. A mag has already got one of the prototype shelbys in the 12.2 at 117 everyone knows that a 500hp car can go faster then 12.9 like C&D said they said the bmw wieghs 100 pounds more then the shelby and got quarter mile times of 12.3 and has the same hp or less since the Shelby might be unerated in the hp like the 03 cobras so that said it should be getting between 12.1 to 12.2 in the quarter and with slicks high 11s how many times do i need to say this.

jman345

Banned
A 500hp truck got low 13s in the quarter and 0-60 in 5.1 and wieghs alot more then the shelby so if you really think the shelby will just get a 12.9 your one stupid person. And from the numbers 12.2 at 117 that smokes the C6. lol

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
The nice thing about all this BS is that hopefully it'll knock the prices back down to normal. So those of you who don't know what the f**k you're talking about, please, keep right on talking :)

IT'S A BLOWN MOTOR PEOPLE. The C6 is arguably a better all around "sports" car, no question there. The Shelby on the other hand, is far superior from a bang-for-the-buck perspective. In 4 years of owning the 03 Cobra, not one of hundreds of races, ever came down to balanced handling.

SO... 99.9% of the time, it's the street/ stoplight/ roll races, and from that perspective a bolt-on GT500 will do what the bolt-on Terminators are doing now to the vast majority of cars today; clean house. As impressive as the C6 is, what would it take to get one in the mid 11's? 2 people with basic skills can take a bone stock Terminator and do that in the garage in 3 hours with hand tools and standard bolt-on's. If the blower is considered the "intake"; the GT500 is like an 03/04 Cobra with a h/c/i package and another .8L of displacement- and that doesn't offset what is effectively weight-wise, a Terminator with a male adult passanger?

IMHO the Shelby is 10 second, full weight, daily driver on pump gas with all the bolt-on's. So to all the haters- I love you guys, keep right on talking, please, and bring the price back down the MSRP for those of us who see the real potential :banana:

BetterthanU

Banned
03SoCalCobra said:
IT'S A BLOWN MOTOR PEOPLE. The C6 is arguably a better all around "sports" car, no question there. The Shelby on the other hand, is far superior from a bang-for-the-buck perspective.

bang for the buck?! A GT500 is within 5k of a Z51 c6....and gets beat around the track by 3 seconds.....that's not "bang." And people are discussing what you get for your $45k from your stock GT500 when you drive it off the lot....not the "what ifs" involved in potential mods and their results. "Owning" in Stoplight races? From the mags, and hp/weight ratios, if they're accurate, the BASE c6 will be in the same general area as the GT500....

enjoy your 4,000 lb, $45k mustang, with 10,000 identical twins rolling around out there :rollseyes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread