C head Swap

1998BlueSVT

Snake Bitten
Established Member
Simple question and i did the search and a net search what are the benifits of a C head swap.... and what is required im new in the mustang realm and just trying to soak in what i can... .

Last edited:

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
C heads are great if your running a high boost setup, but the intakes (exhaust too I think) wont match up since the ports are all different though.

1998BlueSVT

Snake Bitten
Established Member
whats required for the swap... any other benifits other than for high boost? better to do a 03/04 swap if you can get the motor easy

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
whats required for the swap... any other benifits other than for high boost? better to do a 03/04 swap if you can get the motor easy

Well yeah an 03-04 swap will be better than just throwing C heads on lol. N/A though the C heads will make a little more peak, but more throughout the whol rpm range as well. There are a few people who have done it and they will come on here and tell you about it sooner or later.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
C heads are great if your running a high boost setup, but the intakes (exhaust too I think) wont match up since the ports are all different though.
In both n/a and FI combinations, C heads (99/01 and 03/04) will make more power throughout the entire range and a lot more torque also. C heads do not need high boost to make power.

whats required for the swap...
the 03/04 heads are a little better but all the C heads are better than B heads.
You will need:
heads
intake
TB
Coolant crossover
Intake tube
cruise cable
throttle cable

the 96-98 fuel rail and the 99/01 coolant crossover will both have to be modified. The coolant crossover to accept another sensor and the fuel rail will need the hold down brackets moved.

Last edited:

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
In both n/a and FI combinations, C heads (99/01 and 03/04) will make more power throughout the entire range and a lot more torque also. C heads do not need high boost to make power.

the 03/04 heads are a little better but all the C heads are better than B heads.
You will need:
heads
intake
TB
Coolant crossover
Intake tube
cruise cable
throttle cable

the 96-98 fuel rail and the 99/01 coolant crossover will both have to be modified. The coolant crossover to accept another sensor and the fuel rail will need the hold down brackets moved.

Sounds like alot of money. Is it worth it???

1998BlueSVT

Snake Bitten
Established Member
sorry to revive the dead but beats a new thread. Im currently shopping for parts for the swap im hooked on a roots blower so this is the route i gotta go and it will be worth it in the end i think... atleast to me... but on the fuel rail and crossover tube... will a 03/04 tube work or does it have to be modified. and what do you think around 2500-3000 for the swap if i can get ahold of the non vital parts used with probably new FRPP heads

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread