C02 vs Alcohol injection for a vortech

joegt38

Established Member
Since I don't have a intercooler or an aftercooler Im either going to go with c02 or Alcohol injection so I can jack up my timing for a little more power and not be bothered with detonation. What does everyone think, which one is better?

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I say skip adding timing and use a small shot of N2O as the intercooler. ;-) Tends to be the easier way to get hp.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Can't argue with the wet kit when it brings it's own fuel. I'd just get the jetting sizes for like a 30-50 shot from NX. A little N2O will go a long way like this, as far as cooling and increasing HP.

KillrCobra

Established Member
I always wondered....does just throwing on a 30-50 shot of N02 put any added stress on the motor, or does it simply cool the boost? In other words, would 10lbs of boost with a 30 shot be any more harmful to the motor than 10lbs of boost without any cooler. How do you think a stock 281 would survive with moderate boost and a 30-50 shot? This kind of leads me to the next question of which would be safer....n02 or alcohol injection?

jdr46

I have my car in the shop right now getten P&P heads and cutom cams installed. I also will be running a 3.125 pully on my SQ Vortech w\power pipe. I should be making 14 psi. and my short block is stock. it will be a month or so after the tune is in but I will be adding a Snow Performance water\methenol inj. this will drop the intake charge and will last for around 500 miles on the street. got to http://www.snowperformance.net/

Last edited by a moderator:

joegt38

Established Member
Yes their will be more stress added to the motor w/ n2o, anytime you add a power adder to a stock motor it will cause stress, its even worse when having two power adders (n20/s/c). Water/Alcohol injection will add a lil power cause your timming will increase with the cooler charge but your wont get as much as the n20. I have the water/alcohol injection kit and n/x kit, Im still going to go with the alcohol it is much safer.

joegt38

Established Member
Originally posted by jdrains46
Im just useing the water/alcohol injection kit just as a cooler. not looking for more power at this time.
Thats what Im doing till I build my motor.

KillrCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by jdrains46
I have my car in the shop right now getten P&P heads and cutom cams installed. I also will be running a 3.125 pully on my SQ Vortech w\power pipe. I should be making 14 psi. and my short block is stock. it will be a month or so after the tune is in but I will be adding a Snow Performance water\methenol inj. this will drop the intake charge and will last for around 500 miles on the street. got to http://www.snowperformance.net/

So did you get the Stage 1 or 2 Boost Cooler kit?
Looks like a nice kit. I heard SMC has a decent kit too.

dtd01svt

Established Member
What do you guys think about me running a nitrous nozzle to my intercooler? I figured spraying the intercooler should cool the coolant running to my aftercooler alot faster. Would this make much difference? Is it worth it? And has anyone tried it?:??: :shrug:

jdr46

Originally posted by dtd01svt
What do you guys think about me running a nitrous nozzle to my intercooler? I figured spraying the intercooler should cool the coolant running to my aftercooler alot faster. Would this make much difference? Is it worth it? And has anyone tried it?:??: :shrug:

It would cool the intercooler but I think the cooler will do its job just fine alone. I dont think it would make much difference where u put it. I also think by putting the nitrous nozzle at the intake will cool the air much better and be more of an instante cool and power bump.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread