C4 help!

jdogg43

Established Member
alright guys im in the process of getting my built c4 installed and ran into a couple problems. first off let me give you a list of the stuff im working with

JW Ultra-Bell P/N 92462-46
FRPP SFI 8 bolt flex plate
late model case filled C4
custom 3800 stall

alright so my problem is i got everything up ready to bolt in and saw that my converter is about 1/2 inch away from bolting to the flex plate and the snout is like an inch from going into the hole in the flex plate (crank hole?) From what ive read there are a couple different combos of bell housings, flex plate, and converter dimensions one being 157 tooth and other being 164? Im pretty sure i have a 164 tooth flex plate and a 164 tooth bell housing but no idea on the stall. I had stall built about 4 years ago for a 347 i had in a old Cougar and when i went to call the company that built it i found out they are out of business :(. Im not sure how to measure the converter to see if its a 157 or 164?

thanks
Jake

Evo2SVT

Established Member
You should really have a converter built to your car set up. The tooth difference in the flexplate determines the whether you can run a 10inch or 8inch converter. It sounds like you might have a spacer in between the bell and the trans. You only need it if your running the 10inch converter. Aso the flex plate may be on backwards or be the wrong one cause the snout should be closer to the hole then the converter is to the flexplate if that makes sense

Last edited:

jdogg43

Established Member
Turned out to be I had wrong converter, apparently there is a depth difference between a big bolt pattern and a small bolt pattern converter, who knew!!!?!

Users who are viewing this thread