C5 Z06 Vs gallardo

BiZ

Established Member
I'd take the Gallardo over the Z06 any day of the week. If both cars were stock the Gallardo would pull away. But anyone could tell that Z06 was not stock.

z06_23_45

Established Member
BiZ said:
I'd take the Gallardo over the Z06 any day of the week. If both cars were stock the Gallardo would pull away. But anyone could tell that Z06 was not stock.

You're wrong about the gallardo pulling away, but probably right that the Z was not stock.

I raced my buddy in his from 60-140. He immediately pulled right off the bat, but I was right on his door. I actually started to reel him in at about 130, and we were right next to each other at 143 when I let off. The gallardo will not pull away from a Z06. If anything, you might say it is a driver's race.

Fadis_Z

Established Member
z06_23_45 said:
You're wrong about the gallardo pulling away, but probably right that the Z was not stock.

I raced my buddy in his from 60-140. He immediately pulled right off the bat, but I was right on his door. I actually started to reel him in at about 130, and we were right next to each other at 143 when I let off. The gallardo will not pull away from a Z06. If anything, you might say it is a driver's race.

A stock C5 Z would lose to a Gallardo, but a stock C6 Z should beat a Gallardo

crew_dawg16

Established Member
That vette probably IS stock. The ZO6 has butterfly valves in the exhaust that bypass the mufflers above 3,000 rpm. It gets a lot louder without mufflers.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
oh crap, i thot u guys were talking about the new c6 z06, haha if it WAS, the gallardo will be seeing z06 tails.

but i agree with a gallardo beating a c5 z06.

G-Z06

"GHOST MACHINE"
Established Member
I still think a stock C5 Z06 would pull a gallardo.

Car and Driver:
Gallardo runs the 1/4-mile: 12.6 sec @ 111 mph

I ran my stock 04 Z06: 12.2 @ 113

Granted I never ran one from a roll. But wouldnt imagine a gallardo pulling or staying with a C5 Z06.

BiZ

Established Member
z06_23_45 said:

0-60 and 1/4 mile times are very close between the two cars. From a dig it's a drivers race. But from a high speed roll, Gallardo will pull away. End of story.

Gallardo tops out at 192mph
C5 Z06 tops out at ~175mph

PSI87

Banned
poor video quality, but that Vette sounded sooo nice! Wether or not a ZO6 can beat a Gallardo is irrevelent. Win or loose it should be close, and it wasn't, hence leading me to believe the ZO6 is no longer in stock form.

PSI87

Banned
BiZ said:
0-60 and 1/4 mile times are very close between the two cars. From a dig it's a drivers race. But from a high speed roll, Gallardo will pull away. End of story.

Actually, I read the Z06 stops out at 172mph. I may be wrong. However the reason it top out at that speed is because it doesn't have the power to continue accelarate in 6th gear. The gearing is probably better suited for top speed in the Gallardo. Yes, the Lamborghini will win, but it should be close until 173mph.

z06_23_45

Established Member
BiZ said:

Define high speed.

Like I said I raced my friend from 60-143, and was actually reeling in what little space he had gained on me. After 150, I wouldn't doubt that the Gallardo would keep pulling, but I know from personal experience that the Gallardo is not faster than a Z.

Users who are viewing this thread