C6 kill what a great feeling

BadBoy50

Established Member
I was going for a cruise and to get some food when I hear a loud car getting into it. I look around the truck and it was a c6 far up so I down shift to 3rd and rev it up till i caught up to him. He see's me coming up fast on him and he punches it. I got so far up his rear that I had to get over to pass him whichi at this time I was in 5th at 4500 rpm at i think 110mph. Then I got about a car length on him before I had to brake cause of cars that were ahead. He pulls up next to me and says man u have some power and i said yeah and thanks and he was like I swear I hate those cobras they always get me. I said u cant go wrong with one but I see why u got a vette it looked real nice. It was my first vette kill so far this summer. Thought u guys would like it.

C6 Vette

Established Member
BadBoy50 said:
I was going for a cruise and to get some food when I hear a loud car getting into it. I look around the truck and it was a c6 far up so I down shift to 3rd and rev it up till i caught up to him. He see's me coming up fast on him and he punches it. I got so far up his rear that I had to get over to pass him whichi at this time I was in 5th at 4500 rpm at i think 110mph. Then I got about a car length on him before I had to brake cause of cars that were ahead. He pulls up next to me and says man u have some power and i said yeah and thanks and he was like I swear I hate those cobras they always get me. I said u cant go wrong with one but I see why u got a vette it looked real nice. It was my first vette kill so far this summer. Thought u guys would like it.

First-C6's are'nt loud so I betting he had atleast exhaust if you heard his exhaust from afar. But then again you mentioned that when he see's you he gets on it again...I thought he was already on it...:shrug:

Second-If he opened it up,that means he's moving fast as well and had a considerable head start..........And you managed to roll past him at 110mph.
Thats a matter of a few seconds from a roll in a C6.

I'm thinking the race went like this:
Unless he opened it up,then let off.....Then when he noticed you were attempting a fly-by he got on his C6 to enforce a no-fly zone and being you have already been on yours for a while and you were not that far behind, you got past him and he was'nt in his long enough......This is ricer tactics....
Next time try lining up next to him, Thats how I like races, this is by no means a kill.....

Even if the terminator was'nt modded...I can see him doing this..I think an S197 GT could manage this as well....

I'm not flamin' ya man.....I just think this was an incident that you wanted to pull up on one and fly-by him to let him know your quick too....Nothing more.

AUSTINSCOBRA

Established Member
LS1Killer said:
+1 or even high 3rd?

exactly.

C6 Vette said:
Unless he opened it up,then let off.....Then when he noticed you were attempting a fly-by he got on his C6 to enforce a no-fly zone and being you have already been on yours for a while and you were not that far behind, you got past him and he was'nt in his long enough......This is ricer tactics....
Next time try lining up next to him, Thats how I like races, this is by no means a kill.....

Even if the terminator was'nt modded...I can see him doing this..I think an S197 GT could manage this as well....

I'm not flamin' ya man.....I just think this was an incident that you wanted to pull up on one and fly-by him to let him know your quick too....Nothing more.

This explains it all...:beer:

C6 Vette

Established Member
AUSTINSCOBRA said:
exactly.

This explains it all...:beer:

Thanks Austin_ Terminators are badass cars and I respect them a great deal......But even on a story like this and with my responses I made I thought I would get flamed for it!!!lol

It's good to see good ppl in here !!!!!!:beer:

AUSTINSCOBRA

Established Member
C6 Vette said:
Thanks Austin_ Terminators are badass cars and I respect them a great deal......But even on a story like this and with my responses I made I thought I would get flamed for it!!!lol

It's good to see good ppl in here !!!!!!:beer:

Hey call it the way you see it, u made a pretty good point... :thumbsup:

5th gear @ 110mph is not racing IMO.. But what do I know:shrug:

MustangThief

Established Member
AUSTINSCOBRA said:
@110mph you should've been on 4th ;)

Nice kill.. Mods?

Yeah, 3rd gear ends right around 105? You would have been in the sweet spot for 4th.

Personally I never boost 5th, or 6th gear. It's asking for trouble.

BadBoy50

Established Member
C6 Vette said:
First-C6's are'nt loud so I betting he had atleast exhaust if you heard his exhaust from afar. But then again you mentioned that when he see's you he gets on it again...I thought he was already on it...:shrug:

Second-If he opened it up,that means he's moving fast as well and had a considerable head start..........And you managed to roll past him at 110mph.
Thats a matter of a few seconds from a roll in a C6.

He was ahead of me correct and I was trying to caught up to him as I got probably a car length behind him he started getting into it. And yes he had exhaust. But what gear exactly i was in not sure either 4th or 5th. But regardless I thought it was fun and cool to beat that car and for him to give me props. Of course i have mods im laying down 477/496. He was defintely moving but i just kept creeping on him and had to get over to pass untill traffic came up.

Users who are viewing this thread