C6 Z06 1/4 Mile Vid @ Writeup

Ryan00TJ

Established Member
From the mouth of the horse, seen in person by the author...........

I just got back from Bowling Green Kentucky from the c6/c5/c6 z06 unvailing bash. Alot of fun but 800 miles of strait driving and 300 of them through snow in the mountains has taken some out of me so excuse the misspellings and other mistakes

I went up with my pops to check out the new 2006 c6 z06. Basically they rolled it out in a couple different colors with some of them being driven by GM employees (lucky bastards). The colors were silver (for the show), red (for the show but being driven), and black (ah, the raced car). Also they had a rolling chassis. I must say the car is quite impressive first hand looking from the back especially. A very wide stanse. I won't bore you with details you have already read in the magazine but I will let you know additional details I haven't heard about myself. First off the head's port size is 264cc/85cc intake/exhaust respectively. This is something I and many I'm sure are interested in and one of the engineers was nice enough to call and leave this information on my voice mail (they don't know this stuff off the top of their heads). Actually, now that I think about it this is the only item that hasn't been discussed to my knowledge about the car so now lets move on to the good stuff.

For the bash Saturday was set aside a Beech Bend Raceway for c5/c6 thrashing. They let these guys do anything (take passengers, race with no helmets, no cages, etc.) People were making passes and there were some really nice cars there I might add including a 427 speed inc. motored z06 (c5 ofcourse). Also the breathless car and a few more. In any event twas very fun to watch. What really put the icing on the cake was the 2006 c6 z06 showing up ready to race. I was shocked needless to say as I thought the 1/4 mile times may be privledged information.

First off does anyone know the elevation of the Beech Bend Kentucky race track? If so please post. All in all they made about 20 passes, some with people in the passenger seat some without. The best mph was 124 (123.9x) and the best e.t. was 12.06x. Needless to say some better driving could have been given to the car. Many of these guys need to learn what speed shifting is. The car managed 120 mph runs with a passenger which I thought was pretty cool too. Also, they only use three gears. Not bad traps for three friggen gears I guess. 7000rpm lets you do that.

BTW, the cars exhaust system sux. You can literally not hear it run at all until wide open throttle, its much much much quieter then the z06's it replaces. I don't really care for the wide open throttle sound either. FIRST MOD, MUFFLERS. The muffler actually has a valve in which I took many pictures of along with my other pics of the car (about 30-40). If someone could help me out with posting the pics I would be glad to do so.

In any event if any other questions come to you feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer them.

Also we got to speak with Dave Hill and some of the other designing members of the car. I actually have a pic of pops with Mr. Hill. I bet he was getting tired of hearing some of the questions that were asked. "Will there be an E85 version" "I hope there isn't thin glass in there" . The list goes on and on.

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=0124F80F-6AA2-4A13-88E1-4643A8124626

Ryan00TJ

Established Member
Sorry guys the link was up and working earlier. I think all of streetfire is down right now as no video's from that site will play. Hopefully it comes back. I'll try and find another link and post it here...

tommygun

Established Member
just worked, woudl have liked to see a whole pass though

any more vids?

whtgt02vert

turned to the darkside.
Established Member
You have got to be shittin me on that video right? That wasn't even a complete pass. Everyone is all waiting to see a time and speed but halfway down the track it finishes. Damn i wanted to see an 11.5 second run

lxboy

Established Member
i think if those guys cant get into the 11's with that car they need to toss the keys somewere else.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
There was a 06 Z06 at Moroso a couple weeks ago running, it was late and he was with a few vette guys. The car ran somethin like a 11.8... At first I thought it was just a yellow C6 with the Z06 hood but it had the badges, BIGG brakes, front lip and sounded MEANNN as shit.

Ballistik8

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
shitty ass drivers, that car should be in the mid 11's easy...with a trap in the upper 20's not the lower 20's. We need pictures, and a l o n g e r video.

Users who are viewing this thread