C6 Z06 ET Times

Ryan00TJ

Established Member
After much speculation, debate, and hearsay .... we finally have something definative from GM

Heres what I learned today regarding recent testing at track ...

GM's drivers, running car both at Millford & the Ring have obtained these results:

0-60 MPH .... 3.6 seconds
1/4 mile in 11.5 seconds @ 128 Trap speed

Lat. G force .... won't say just yet
70-0 MPH braking ... won't tell yet

Also ... GM now writes car will have 'Forged' Pistons ....

Red_Z06_3.jpg

It will be interesting to see what the car is capable of with a set of tires! :pop: Or, if we could get Evan Smith behind the wheel.

Also ... hood scoop is not currently functional ... but, later with production series ... it will be

Also ... all engines will be 'hot dynoed' --- and hopefully owners will get copy of dyno test of their engine upon purchase if they request it

Also ... powertrain is mainly built by GM ... with several exceptions like tranny, etc

Let me pick up with DYNO topic. The engine dynos are being done to certify at least 500 HP. Currently ... they are averaging 505 - 515 HP, with some up to almost 530. Rest assured ... no engine w/o at least 500 will make it into your cars. Someone had hoped for more than 475 TQ .. I think you will get it ( 475+ being measured )

Top Speed is just shy of 200 .......@ 198

Best Launches are coming with T/C left on. I forgot to ask if they were putting it in Performance Mode ....or leaving in full A/H, T/C default mode. This suggests to me those Runflats need a substitute.

Braking & G's are not being reported ... due to testing on various type tires. Tire names not given up to me.

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
red10thAnn said:
No now it's 63,000 that's what they are shotting for.
:rollseyes

i highly doubt that, althougth it'd be nice. from the magazines ive read its around $70-$75k and im sure there will be a dealer markup. but those cars are badass for sure!
JD

04torchred

Established Member
JaysGreenLX said:
God...what happens when people start modding these things.......

A lot of us get our asses kicked/handed/stomped!! I want to see what a bigger camshaft will do in these suckers. Hell just a 125-150hp shot of juice will put them north of 600hp.

1936 chevy

Established Member
V1uhoh said:
Is it still made of fiberglass? :burn:
They are made out of the same materiel as the cobra hoods and trunk lids and there is some fiberglass and the front fenders are carbon fiber.

Last edited:

G-Z06

"GHOST MACHINE"
Established Member
niels04cobra said:
i like that they make big numbers... feels that much better when i smoke a $63,000 car (or whatever they cost)! :D

Dont want to come off as an ass by anymeans, But I get this shit all the time. being a vette owner.

Get over it, IF someone cruising around in a $63000 car wanted a cobra to blow shit away and be ****y about it, He would have bought one.

04 cobra? 33k?

$30k in mods....? :dw:

= He would smoke just about anything that he would meet on the road.. No questions asked.

Hate that shit...

*Rant off*

Last edited:

csumt76

Established Member
holy shit....... 128 trap speeed???????????????????????????? Mother****er that is hauling assssssssssss. With a cam, et streets, and 125 shot you'll be pushing 9's. Too bad I don't have that kind of loot. Only reason I got the 04 cobra is b/c I got it new for 29,900.

Users who are viewing this thread