C6 ZR1 O'Rama

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
How do you like the xport? I run e85 on a standard Kong port. Made 835whp. Was gonna upgrade to the xport this winter. Curious on your experience. Any 60-130 times?

I am a fan although I do not have anything to compare it to. I was on the fence between the X and a 2650. If I had a do over I would probably just get the 2650 since it was a PIA to take the blower off ship it, put it on, take it off again (Greg screwed up my snout on the first turn) and put it back again.

The X seems to stay pretty cool with kong bricks, expansion tanks, and edelbrock xchanger. I put a kong lid on it as well which may or may not help with cooling. It hits stupid hard down low if that is what you looking for.

The dyno numbers I have seen show the 2650 to have more potential than the X port although I am not sure that is really proving itself on the street. I have seen a couple of vids of X ports running neck and neck with the 2650.

All else equal I think Xport + the very best cam/head set up is probably the best use of your money. I went with Texas Speed but this winter I am going to look hard at swapping them with Frankenstein or MAST.

On the flip side, my tuner was not impressed with Kongs porting. He really only does ford builds and uses Jokerz exclusively. He showed me a Jokerz ported GT500 blower next to my Kong port and Gregs porting looked like a child did it with a dremel.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I run them on just about everything I have and love them. Gonna try to drop pressure around that mark and see how they do. I have to have them as I daily drive the Zr1 and trx and I’m in wv. I too am hoping to break the 900whp mark with the kong xport. I have essentially the same build as klaus without the xport and make 830.

PS you will have no trouble breaking 900. My tuner is a pussy and was very conservative with his tune. Every other x port I have seen has been 930 to 950. I could be mistaken but I believe that there is an xport with stock heads >900.

csc427

Established Member
PS you will have no trouble breaking 900. My tuner is a pussy and was very conservative with his tune. Every other x port I have seen has been 930 to 950. I could be mistaken but I believe that there is an xport with stock heads >900.
Kinda what I thought. And I’m with you you. On paper the 2650 should kill the xport. But on the street that doesn’t seem to be the case. I have ported heads now. When I did my heads, another Zr1 was in the shop and he did mast heads and my car made about 10 more whp than his.
My tuner is on the fence about the kong lid. That’s really the only thing I don’t have.
I’ll try the x port and see what happens. Starting from scratch I’d do the 2650 I think. But I’m far from that.
Any 60-130 times?

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Kinda what I thought. And I’m with you you. On paper the 2650 should kill the xport. But on the street that doesn’t seem to be the case. I have ported heads now. When I did my heads, another Zr1 was in the shop and he did mast heads and my car made about 10 more whp than his.
My tuner is on the fence about the kong lid. That’s really the only thing I don’t have.
I’ll try the x port and see what happens. Starting from scratch I’d do the 2650 I think. But I’m far from that.
Any 60-130 times?

Sorry bro, no times. I have only had it out a couple of times and never had the change to do any runs. Driving season is likely over for me as there is already snow on the ground.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Sorry bro, no times. I have only had it out a couple of times and never had the change to do any runs. Driving season is likely over for me as there is already snow on the ground.
That’s brutal man. 65 and sunny for me tomorrow. The boy and I are heading to a big Cars and Coffee in a mall parking lot. I’m sure there will be plenty of runs on the way home. I could not imagine snow in early October.

Users who are viewing this thread