C7 ZO6 sv C6 ZR1

Voltwings

Established Member
My dad has a C7 Z06 and there is nothing you could do to get my into a C6 after having spent time in a C7. The performance may be similar between the two, but day to day there is hands down absolutely no comparison C7 Z06 > C6 Zr1

08mojo

Established Member
I had 2 C6 Corvettes. First one was an 06 Coupe w/Z51 pkge and the second was my Z06. I loved the C6 Corvette, but the C7 is miles ahead in styling and quality. The interior alone is enough to get the C7. The C6 interior was just horrible. The C6 ZR1 and C7 Z06 are basically the same. The C6 Zr1 weighs less though. My money would go to a C7 Z06.

I honestly don't feel the C6 interior was that bad...I'm not sure why it gets all the hate. Plus, a ZR1 is likely to have the top interior (cannot remember the chevy names for interior packages...)--full leather dash, panels, etc... The C6 inerior was sparse, but perhaps that's why I liked it. It had everything you 'need' but nothing more. The C7 interior is nice, but I don't think it's all that great--it's still not up to par with the european cars in the same price range.

How would you rank LS9 vs LT4? Which can take a beating?

The LS9 may have similar valve issues that plague the LS7. It seems to be less common, but it has happened with the LS9.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I had 2 C6 Corvettes. First one was an 06 Coupe w/Z51 pkge and the second was my Z06. I loved the C6 Corvette, but the C7 is miles ahead in styling and quality. The interior alone is enough to get the C7. The C6 interior was just horrible. The C6 ZR1 and C7 Z06 are basically the same. The C6 Zr1 weighs less though. My money would go to a C7 Z06.

Slightly wrong the C6 Z06 is about 170 lbs lighter over the C6 ZR1 as you have the added weight of the S/C it's intercooler and connections and the larger carbon ceramic braking system 3175 vs, 3,333 lbs.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
No one mentioned the blowers...

ZR1 has a 2.3 TVS and the C7Z06 has a 1.7.

If you want to mod.. buy the ZR1 as the blower will support more HP.

blk02edge

Established Member
Slightly wrong the C6 Z06 is about 170 lbs lighter over the C6 ZR1 as you have the added weight of the S/C it's intercooler and connections and the larger carbon ceramic braking system 3175 vs, 3,333 lbs.
Have you ever held a carbon ceramic disk? They weigh nothing

Voltwings

Established Member
No one mentioned the blowers...

ZR1 has a 2.3 TVS and the C7Z06 has a 1.7.

If you want to mod.. buy the ZR1 as the blower will support more HP.

Yes, but the LT platform > the LS platform. The engine is almost better enough that it's a wash.

fangstang

Established Member
I wasnt comparing the weights or the C6 Z06 and C6 ZR1, I was comparing the weights of the C6 ZR1 and the C7 Z06. I know the weight of the C6 Z06 is less then the C6 ZR1.

CV355

_
Established Member
I vote C7ZR1. Just my $0.02. Totally personal opinion/preference. Both are amazing cars.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
C7Z06 IMO. I like the looks and no question about which interior is better. White or battleship grey w/ black wheels.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, but the LT platform > the LS platform. The engine is almost better enough that it's a wash.

Your posts are usually well thought out, but I don't even know what that means as it pertains to modding either for more power.

That said, I'll admit im ignorant to the some of the details within each platform (LT and LS).

Voltwings

Established Member
Your posts are usually well thought out, but I don't even know what that means as it pertains to modding either for more power.

That said, I'll admit im ignorant to the some of the details within each platform (LT and LS).

The Zr1 (Ls9 right?) undeniably has a better supercharger, but the C7 Z06 (LT4) has an engine that is able to do more with less, because as a whole the engine is superior (heads, cam, DI, etc...). I mean look at the fact that at 6.2L a piece, one makes like 640 HP with a 2.3L blower and the other makes 650 with a 1.7L... I don't think it's hard to get the LT4 up into the higher HP figures as well, but I'll admit i only know what comes across my FB feed - I've never actually gone out and researched how much power they make with bolt ons.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
The Zr1 (Ls9 right?) undeniably has a better supercharger, but the C7 Z06 (LT4) has an engine that is able to do more with less, because as a whole the engine is superior (heads, cam, DI, etc...). I mean look at the fact that at 6.2L a piece, one makes like 640 HP with a 2.3L blower and the other makes 650 with a 1.7L... I don't think it's hard to get the LT4 up into the higher HP figures as well, but I'll admit i only know what comes across my FB feed - I've never actually gone out and researched how much power they make with bolt ons.
Boltons and E85 will put a C6ZR1 over 800rwhp. LS9 is fully forged too and will handle anything you can throw at it. I’m an LS guy and will never own a DI LT platform.

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
Boltons and E85 will put a C6ZR1 over 800rwhp. LS9 is fully forged too and will handle anything you can throw at it. I’m an LS guy and will never own a DI LT platform.
+1.

If you want a good interior, warranty, and auto, go C7 Z06.
If you want a fast street car and exclusivity, C6 ZR1. The C6 ZR1 with H/C/E with some Kong goodies is pretty much RWD king of the street, especially when you throw nitrous to it. 11-1300 rwhp stock bottom end. Kong cars are making 900+ blower only.

All that being said I would do C7Z for the auto and warranty haha.

Silverstrike

Established Member
I wasnt comparing the weights or the C6 Z06 and C6 ZR1, I was comparing the weights of the C6 ZR1 and the C7 Z06. I know the weight of the C6 Z06 is less then the C6 ZR1.

Oh alright that makes sense. As the C7 does have a few extra things that the C6 does not. Just was reading that and it was like you was comparing the C6 versions, but now I see where it is 2009+ vs 2015+ models.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Is the LT4 dry sump?

I watched an LT1 oil starve, blow a hole in the block and catch the car on fire at the track. I'm really reserved when it comes to the LT series.

Silverstrike

Established Member
Is the LT4 dry sump?

I watched an LT1 oil starve, blow a hole in the block and catch the car on fire at the track. I'm really reserved when it comes to the LT series.

Yes the LT4 is dry sump only same for the Grand Sports and Z51 packaged regular Stingrays they all have a 10.5 qt dry sump system standard. And sounds like that was just a regular Stingray without the Z51 package and a 6 qt wet sump oiling system

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yes the LT4 is dry sump only same for the Grand Sports and Z51 packaged regular Stingrays they all have a 10.5 qt dry sump system standard. And sounds like that was just a regular Stingray without the Z51 package and a 6 qt wet sump oiling system
Camaro

Users who are viewing this thread