C7Z06 almost in the 9's.....Stock Boost

BlownAway03

Established Member
The C7Z has been catching a lot of flack lately. I personally think it's a little unfair given the car's overall capabilities. Should it be a little faster stock? In my opinion, yes. But overall the car still is on supercar levels in every performance category. I also hear many people wanna write this car off as a quarter miler, saying it's not meant for that. Well, this is America, and we drag race, damn it! Corvettes are very good drag cars in my experience, so with that being said here's the fastest C7Z06 I've seen to date. The mods are very minimal and car is on stock boost. Sucks it had to be modded at all, but this thing is moving for what it has done to it. That factory tune must really be conservative. Enjoy.

[video=youtube_share;ca6_fkLnZ2Y]http://youtu.be/ca6_fkLnZ2Y[/video]

jleews6

Established Member
Pretty impressive for such limited mods and That would have been a 9 second pass had he shifted it with his foot in it. This was probably on less than 10 pounds of boost and Its going to be crazy to see how fast these cars will go when people start putting bigger blowers on them with 17 to 18 pounds of boost.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Still waiting for numbers on the auto!

They have been good for 3-4 tenths and 1-2mph faster in most tests.

I still feel GM crippled the car with the stock calibration to get owners to tune the car and void warranties after the issues with the C6Z and millions lost on the recall fiasco hoping to avoid any possible warranty claims from tracked cars.

Last edited:

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Tune
Modified airbox with AFE CAI
Thermal reduction plates to reduce heat soak
Flex fuel kit
1.5 gal intercooler expansion tank
ARH Headers.

Stock boost and long block.

So 126-129 is typical trap for a stock C7Z. This car picked up 10mph and roughly a second with a tune, cai, and headers? Unless it was tuned for the flex fuel those are the only real power gaining mods. Thats crazy impressive!

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
So 126-129 is typical trap for a stock C7Z. This car picked up 10mph and roughly a second with a tune, cai, and headers? Unless it was tuned for the flex fuel those are the only real power gaining mods. Thats crazy impressive!

It is very impressive and shows how much the car is held back. Now GM needs to recalibrate the tunes, address the heat and go after the competitors.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
People are disappointed in the C7 Z06 are comparing it the C6Z and ZR1. The simple fact is the C6 was a hollow plastic car with about as many high-end materials as a Chevy Cobalt inside, (outside of the interior packages which is the same hard plastic just wrapped in leather and suede).

Also, anyone who owned a used C6, after 20-30k miles the ****ing things are creaking like a old wooden boat. Can't have your cake and eat it too. Those cars were featherweights with simple suspensions and minimal structural enhancements. The performance was there though.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Indefinite hold on all A8 autos
Sounds like something is up

Users who are viewing this thread