C8 Corvette spy shots & video

Never_Enough

Established Member
looks good to me. i'll certainly consider one. I think chevy has gotten the front engine/rear drive car as far as they possibly can with the latest zr1. I'd love a zr1, and will definitely consider one. there are a few things I simply don't like about the zr1. chevy should have figured out a way to fit the 10speed in the car. obviously, the trans is longer, but I refuse to believe it wasn't possible. the 10 speed is light years ahead of the 8speed auto. I hate the color options for the zr1. there's not one thing that sets this car apart from any other corvette other than some badging, a hood bulge, and possibly a massive ricer wing. they need to add some unique colors to the 'top dog' model to set it off. I'm thinking a matte black or matte grey. search Daytona matte grey r8, and you'll see what i mean. instead we get all the boring vette colors that have been beyond played out. maybe this will be seen by others as petty, but its one of the only things keeping me from looking at one seriously
The smaller wing is better for downforce anyway. You don't like the ZR1 in orange? Blasphemy! Out of your current cars, which is your fav? Any issues w/the RS7?

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
The smaller wing is better for downforce anyway. You don't like the ZR1 in orange? Blasphemy! Out of your current cars, which is your fav? Any issues w/the RS7?

orange is the only color I'd get, but its already been done multiple times on vettes, and you can get similar colors in the lesser model. part of the allure to vipers was the fact when you saw one on the road, you knew it was a bad mofo. vettes are so common, that at a quick glance, you can't tell the 450hp one apart from the 750hp one. and at $120-140k, many customers would shell out $4-5k for a specialty color. I'm not talking about the existing 'specialty colors'. I went to the Chicago auto show and Mercedes had several matte color cars--matte green amg gtr, matte black e63amg-s, and a dark matte grey model. they looked unmistakable and amazing.

honestly, I love the utility of my raptor--and its the only vehicle aside from the navigator that my kids truly love, and don't complain about driving in. overall, its been my favorite vehicle--its a truck, I can park it anywhere, drive it anywhere with zero care, and the kids can be rough on it. the GTR is hard to beat in terms of sheer ease to drive fast, and all weather performance. I drive the hell out of it all year round. no issues with the rs7, but I only have 17k miles on it. my wife likes it the most--its an incredible car. fast, good looks, great stereo, amazing interior, etc etc. I don't plan on keeping it past 5-6 years though. I sold my vette over a year ago, and got a chevy ss, only to get rid of that very quickly for a charger hellcat. my dodge is relatively new, and essentially stock, so I need more seat time

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... vettes are so common, that at a quick glance, you can't tell the 450hp one apart from the 750hp one. ...

I don't know. With the skinny tires and 4x4 stance, it's pretty easy to distinguish a base Stingray from the higher level C7 Corvettes. Now, with the C6 and C5, you're right. You have to be practically standing next to those to tell one from the other.

Never_Enough

Established Member
orange is the only color I'd get, but its already been done multiple times on vettes, and you can get similar colors in the lesser model. part of the allure to vipers was the fact when you saw one on the road, you knew it was a bad mofo. vettes are so common, that at a quick glance, you can't tell the 450hp one apart from the 750hp one. and at $120-140k, many customers would shell out $4-5k for a specialty color. I'm not talking about the existing 'specialty colors'. I went to the Chicago auto show and Mercedes had several matte color cars--matte green amg gtr, matte black e63amg-s, and a dark matte grey model. they looked unmistakable and amazing.
I agree that GM needs better colors on their high end cars. Dodge does it right with colors.

honestly, I love the utility of my raptor--and its the only vehicle aside from the navigator that my kids truly love, and don't complain about driving in. overall, its been my favorite vehicle--its a truck, I can park it anywhere, drive it anywhere with zero care, and the kids can be rough on it. the GTR is hard to beat in terms of sheer ease to drive fast, and all weather performance. I drive the hell out of it all year round. no issues with the rs7, but I only have 17k miles on it. my wife likes it the most--its an incredible car. fast, good looks, great stereo, amazing interior, etc etc. I don't plan on keeping it past 5-6 years though. I sold my vette over a year ago, and got a chevy ss, only to get rid of that very quickly for a charger hellcat. my dodge is relatively new, and essentially stock, so I need more seat time
Thanks, I'll probably not get an RS7 due to cost, but I am considering a Charger Hellcat. I don't think I can get past the boring looks of the Chevy SS. Is that why you sold it?

Never_Enough

Established Member
I don't know. With the skinny tires and 4x4 stance, it's pretty easy to distinguish a base Stingray from the higher level C7 Corvettes. Now, with the C6 and C5, you're right. You have to be practically standing next to those to tell one from the other.
No, you don't. The C6 GS & Z06 had the bumper w/the center inlet. Base cars did not. Even if you're looking at the rear, you can see wide body vs narrow body.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
I'll make one prediction, haters will say it looks like a (insert foreign car company name here) when they finally unveil it. The exhaust note does not sound like a V8 to me, weird.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
04B42A8F-138E-4B71-A337-450B9911B195.jpeg
BB83E308-D81B-4B49-859A-70914B818A1C.jpeg
A guy over at CF saw what was a CAD of the entire car. His best description that it resembled a Lotus. What Lotus, is left to the imagination..

SirShaun

Established Member
It kind of sounds like a Ferarri 458, but not as tuned/precise. Ferraris are mechanically tuned, not so much computer calibrated. Crazy cam specs/valve timing, and mechanical funny business going on, to turn 9k RPMs. Also why they have to be "rebuilt" so often.

This corvette is probably a Direct Injected 5.5L 4v Flat Plane Crank sharing some specs from the C7.R, relying heavily on computer calibration to stay together. Exhaust loses quite a bit of tone, as it basically just gets dumped right out the back.

Could very well be the first american sports car, to offer a turbski v8.

It will never have the tone of a mid mounted/rear mounted muffler Front Engine setup.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread