c8 vs gt500

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
I’m glad he mentioned the carbon track pack car takes care of business. And the base snake still beats the corvettes performance spec z51 car. Can’t wait to see a z06 spec car. And then what the second gen run of the gt500’s are going to be able to do to combat it.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I’m glad he mentioned the carbon track pack car takes care of business. And the base snake still beats the corvettes performance spec z51 car. Can’t wait to see a z06 spec car. And then what the second gen run of the gt500’s are going to be able to do to combat it.

if the C8Z06 is what it's reported to be, then I doubt they are even in the same zip code performance wise at the track.....

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Sports car vs pony car. I’m sure you are right.

I am not the one making the comparison to begin with. Just responding...definitely apples and oranges, very different cars. I don’t get why so many mustang guys try and make the comparison in the first place...they are almost as annoying as some vette owners that constantly wave like faggots. This horse has been beat to death.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Not much. Similar to the C7 ZR1, they are pretty much at the limit of what a front engined car is capable of.

pretty much on point, regarding these cars GM was definitely at the limit with front engine rwd. Ford probably won’t be able ring much more out of the 500.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
That GT500 is a 10 second car is showroom condition. Disappointed in the handling of the GT500. 1.05 seems low with such beef. I know it weighs 4000lbs. but I was expecting a little better. I want to see a 1LE 10SPD versus the GT500 comparison.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Carbon trackpack GT500 is 2 seconds faster than the zl1 1le. Mission accomplished from ford. But i dont think they even care about camaros. Their test performance car that they were comparing it with was a 911 GT3.

cam346

Established Member
well if they didn't care ,why did they had a zl1 for testing. it took over 3 or 4 years. to bring this car out. my hats off to them. gt500 is a good car.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Carbon trackpack GT500 is 2 seconds faster than the zl1 1le. Mission accomplished from ford. But i dont think they even care about camaros. Their test performance car that they were comparing it with was a 911 GT3.

you mean, Ford pretends they don’t care about Camaros...lol

Ford aspires to be in the same air as Porsche or Ferrari, and they will only aspire.

Truth is, the lowly blue collar Camaro (GM) gives them all they can handle and then some.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
the guy name david kramar he has a youtube page.

you are killing me cam... lol

I know the guy has a YouTube channel and his name is on it, but does anyone know if this guy is legit or has any credibility?

how to we know the car is truly stock?

StrayBullitt

Established Member
they will only aspire.

upload_2019-12-18_6-37-13.png

aspiring since 94

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread