CA doesn't like Hybrids

dogmush

Established Member
OK, slight exaggeration but still.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2008Aug19/0,4670,ODDQuietCars,00.html

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Electric and hybrid vehicles may be better for the environment, but the California Legislature says they're bad for the blind.

It has passed a bill to ensure that the vehicles make enough noise to be heard by visually impaired people about to cross a street.

The measure would establish a committee to study the issue and recommend ways the vehicles could make more noise.

The state Department of Motor Vehicles says more than 300,000 of the vehicles are on state roads. Officials say they don't keep statistics on pedestrian accidents involving those vehicles.

The bill has been sent to Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who has not taken a position.

Maybe we could install V8's in the back of all Priuses (Prii?) to just idle and make noise? Or a tape recording of a Cobra playing at all times on the outside of the car? Would the recording have to be CARB approved? Doesn't CA already have a law that says you can't make a car louder?

Either way, :pop:

STG

Banned
What about deaf people? California doesn't give a damn about deaf people. Hybrids should be painted only in the most blinding day-glo (and glow at night) colors.

And they should be equipped with rotating amber lights on the roof. And wig-wag LEDs in headlight and taillight housings.

Wait until California finds out that blind pilots can't hear sailplanes and hang gliders. What about blind astronauts? Space doesn't conduct sound!:dancenana:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Shoot, Just get a clothes pin, some cards, and attach them to the suspension so the rub against the wheels when it drives.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
California has a problem with everything. I thought one of the biggest problems in LA was noise pollution due to cars???

Cali is the dumbest state evar!

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
California has a problem with everything. I thought one of the biggest problems in LA was noise pollution due to cars???
Cali is the dumbest state evar!
+1 However, you are the first person I've seen to spell ever with an "a".

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
This makes me think about that one episode of "Weeds" where the gangster/drug dealer bought his whole crew hybrids because it's easy to sneek up and cap people when they can't hear your whip. lol

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Pateintly awaits the car to have "This product contains materials known in the state of Cailifornia to cause cancer" on the visors

hell most of my fishing rods and reels say that !

dogmush

Established Member
What the **** are the blind doing in the street in the first place. :shrug:

You can't blame them, it's not like they could see the street coming.

I'm pretty sure the problem is the republicans in DC gave money to their Oil cronies instead of good health care, and that's why folks are blind in the first place.

Obama will fix blindness, problem solved.

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
itd be the same thing to just put an electric wire (like for a dog pen or horse pasture) on the edge of the sidewalk... get a little shock and turn around! no wire= mowed over by truck! which would you rather have?

Users who are viewing this thread