CA smog check tomorrow. Any advice would be appreciated

snakezilla

Established Member
Im going to smog my car tomorrow. Its not pullied and not tuned. the only mods are K&N FIPK, magnaflow CB, and a bassani O/R. I do have an Xcal3 that I havent used. Im going to put the stock H pipe back on in the morning before the test. The only advice I have been given was to drive the car for some miles after the cats are on and to leave it running while waiting for the test. Is there any feedback you guys can give me or any tricks I should know about. Is there something I can do with the Xcal3 to make it pass with flying colors? Or it should pass as long as I get the cats back on?

Last edited:

snakezilla

Established Member
Im not worried about visual. Just the emissions. If there was a way to reduce the emissions without having cats, my car would still pass.;-)

snakezilla

Established Member
Bet it was nerve racking waiting to hear if it passed or not.

yeah it was. The worst part was that I couldnt smog it because I had removed the O/R x pipe that morning and the EVAP and CATALYST were not reading until about 100 miles later and a cold start. That part sucked. I wish someone on here would have told me that before. But what matters is tha she mad it.

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member
Congrats... just got my new sticker and registration a few days back :banana:

Lucky I run the stock h pipe all the time and I went to get it smogged and it failed. Had to go the other route. ;-) I can see my car in your avatar lol:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread